Login - Become a member

deck of cards

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> deck of cards

deck of cards 
By threeD on Dec 20, 2000 05:35 AM
Does anyone know if there are gonna be any PCI GeForce / GTS 2 / Quadro graphics cards coming out soon?.

cheers

http://ssuttie3d.homestead.com

Re: deck of cards 
By JasonHendry on Dec 20, 2000 04:40 PM
PCI is nearly a thing of the past. don't you have AGP. I really think that they won't bring out PCI. only VooDoo does that now.
By ambient-whisper on Dec 21, 2000 01:00 AM
and voodoo is no more cuz nvidia bought them out..
By JasonHendry on Dec 21, 2000 04:47 AM
Oh Okay I didn't know that. Are they still making and selling new Voodoo card or not.
By ambient-whisper on Dec 21, 2000 02:26 PM
nope...no more voodoo...
and voodoo sux for 3d apps anyway...its just good for games...( i got a voodoo 3....its ok...but nothing like the geforce i got now)
but im pretty sure that you can still buy the voodoo 5500( why would you want to tho?)
By JasonHendry on Dec 21, 2000 05:14 PM
Voodoo work best with AMD
And Nvidia's card work best with Intel Processers dont they.

I think I be getting a Intel P3
By threeD on Dec 22, 2000 04:42 AM
The thing was,  Iv got an Intel b/m (shite I know) with Intel 410 graphics on the m/b also sound as well.
I knew when it was time to upgrade,so I looked at my m/b and I found three PCI slots and a slot which I thought was an AGP slot.
I went down to my local PC shop and got myself a TNT2 ultra 32mb AGP.  
Rushed home and , when I tryed to install it didnt fit. I was confused!. Im sure is wasnt ISA, I know it wasnt an ISA slot.
So I went back to the shop and got a bog standard PCI TNT2 M64 32mb. Card works fine, but now I want a new GeForce/GeForce 2 Card.

My system> PIII550,128mb,30gb h/d,Win98se, Intel m/b Sound and Intel Grpahics on m/b( three PCI and one I dont know).
Can anyone help the extra slot is dark brown and is shorter than a PCI slot. I thought it was AGP , but it never fitted my TNT2 AGP.  help?
By JasonHendry on Dec 23, 2000 02:18 AM
I saw a couple of PC's like that when I worked in a computer repair place. I Think!. Was it at the buttom. It's not ISA or AGP. I think it is some extension board slot. What it is for is so you can add PCI slots to. Well I can't exactly remember where it was on each computer but I am pretty sure of the purpose. My old comoputer had that. Was the computer a manufactured(EG Compac) one or was it built by Computer Shop(Eg a Hybrid).
By on Dec 25, 2000 07:54 AM
Was it about 5cm wide?
If yes, then its an AMR slot which is used for modem/audio expansion cards.
Its a slot developed for the manufacturers of motherboards in order to lower the cost for intergrated peripherals.
(if a motherboard has built in audio then it must pass through several test in order to approve its commercial use which increase its cost. By providing it like an expansion then only this little card must pass the tests.
The whole concept was a flop.)
By JasonHendry on Dec 26, 2000 02:51 PM
I didn't know all that. I just a have an Idea of what it did.

Well my surguestion would be to get a new motherboard. One that can fit both your processor and your AGP card. I don't know what it's like there but in Australia I can pick one up for next to nothing. One Motherboard I did get for nothing.

AGP is pretty old now. I mean it has been around awhile. A lot of people would have traded in they old boards for new ones that's why you should check with the computer shop. See if they have and old one that you could buy cheap.
By threeD on Dec 27, 2000 10:25 AM
Thanks Sumatra. I just found out what it was yesterday.
AMR.......hmmm.

So I guess I cant use it for anything. No hardware cards for it or anything.?

By threeD on Dec 27, 2000 10:27 AM
oh...and  does anyone know if there are gonna be any PCI GeForce / GeForce GTS 2 cards coming out?
By JasonHendry on Dec 28, 2000 06:05 AM
I don't know But I very Much Doubt it.
By threeD on Dec 28, 2000 07:54 AM
oh well,  I will just need to buy a new mobo.

By Cyrus on Jan 11, 2001 08:30 AM
If I were you I would check out Nvidia.com for information but I really dought the will be a PCI version of those cards u mensioned
By threeD on Jan 15, 2001 03:55 AM
Thanks guys.......I bought a PCI 32mb GeForce 2 MX..
very very good card.
Previous cards - Intel810i then 32mbTNT2 m64, now the GF2mx.

By threeD on Jan 15, 2001 03:56 AM
Thanks guys.......I bought a PCI 32mb GeForce 2 MX..
very very good card.
Previous cards - Intel810i then 32mbTNT2 m64, now the GF2mx.

By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 05:03 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us