Login - Become a member

Indy resident played

Forums home -> Post 3D Art -> Indy resident played

Indy resident played  
By hockeyx on Apr 04, 2014 02:26 AM
Andrean fans celebrate Class 3A state title with team

INDIANAPOLIS Dave Pishkur got to the parking lot just south of Lucas Oil Stadium on Friday morning. There were about 25 people in red and gold standing about.

An hour later things had www.officialhockeycanadiens.com/Authentic-Daniel-Briere-Jersey changed. Dramatically.

They got www.officialhockeycanadiens.com/Authentic-Brendan-Gallagher-Jersey what they came for later in the day when top ranked Andrean won the Class 3A state championship, 35 27, sealed by Donovan Chandler's 46 yard interception return with 1:00 left in the game.

Roughly 300 Andrean fans had fun at the alumni tailgate party before the 59ers' Class 3A state championship game against Indianapolis Brebeuf. Kids played bags. Adults ate food and partook in some pre lunch beer.

And all were there to pull for their alma mater.

The event was put on by Kevin Daniel Briere S Jersey Wolf, a 1986 Andrean grad who lives in Fishers and provided the Coors RV that the tents were attached to.

"We wanted to give everyone one place to go," said Wolf, a Merrillville native and a member of an Andrean business club located in Central Indiana. "It's been cool. I've seen people Brendan Gallagher M Jersey who went here in the 1960s, 1970s and 2000s. I've seen people here who I haven't seen in 30 years.

"It's a great time and we're all pulling for the 59ers," he said prior to the game.

Former Andrean head coaches Brett St. Germain (Lake Central) and Ivan Zimmer (Calumet) were there, too.

Al Holok, a 1966 Andrean grad, was also there. The Indy resident played on three of Andrean's first four football teams. He was also the principal at Indianapolis Chatard.

Holok coached at Andrean Youth Daniel Briere Jersey from 1971 through 1975.

"They had some great games against Chatard," Holok said of Andrean's losses to Chatard in 1997, 2001 and 2002 in the state championship. Andrean won its only state final in 2004 over Hertitage Hills.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us