Login - Become a member

He hopes to be back for Wednesdays series finale.

Forums home -> General Discussion -> He hopes to be back for Wednesdays series finale.

He hopes to be back for Wednesdays series finale. 
By dengdai on Apr 02, 2014 07:56 AM
TSNs Dave Hodge sounds off on all the hockey issues of the day in Hodgemail. nfl china jersys wholesale . Write in to answer Daves weekly question and watch the NHL on TSN later in the evening to see if he reads your response. With the holiday season upon us, there is much to be thankful for. And as a hockey fan, there is much to be wishful for. Once the turkeys, the gifts, the World Junior Championship and New Years pass, NHL teams hit a critical point in their season. The true sprint for the playoffs begin, as the games and moments are magnified. How much better would that stretch be if your NHL team opened the perfect gift over the holidays? Maple Leafs fans might want another top-end forward to help them break their playoff drought; Canucks fans might want to see a resolution in net. How about a top-flight defenceman for the Oilers? And Habs fans might just want to see more victories. And how about the superstars? Washington fans might hope for the return to form of the electric Alexander Ovechkin, the star who once set the league on fire with 65 goals. In Pittsburgh, Penguins fans could very well be looking under their tree for a healthy Sidney Crosby. So heres Daves question to you: What is the ideal gift for your favourite NHL team? Here are the responses that Dave liked best: Darren wants: "a new coach for the Leafs - a coach named Marc Crawford." Andrea suggests: "a sledgehammer and a full box of tools for Flames GM Jay Feaster - its time to rebuild." Heres a trade, from Ron: "for the Canucks - a power forward and a good draft pick in exchange for Cory Schneider." Caleb says: "same gift again - another number one draft pick for the Edmonton Oilers." Brad writes: "my ideal gift is my favourite team - the Atlanta Thrashers. I want them back." This comes from Peter: "for the Leafs - the elimination of the salary cap." Jamie has in mind whats really important: "the Ottawa Senators need a new celebrity girlfriend or wife." And there are two gift wishes more popular than all the others. George has the first one: "for the Montreal Canadiens - a coach who wins games, regardless of the language he speaks."... Hodges Reply to All: And Ill take the second one on behalf of all of you who have expressed this sentiment. To the Pittsburgh Penguins and Sidney Crosby, and to all other teams and their players who are sidelined with concussions, or other serious injuries, we wish for the gift that matters most, and that is - good health. Thats been said before, but never before has it been so important for the NHL to do everything it can to deal with a problem that is second to none in its history. Itll take more than Christmas wishes, of course - more than a law of averages that might turn in a better direction - itll take the boldest action the NHL can accept - nothing less can make 2012 the year after the year of the concussion. Lets hope. nfl jerseys china wholesale . It was the second trade the Rockies orchestrated on Wednesday. They also picked up outfielder Drew Stubbs from the Cleveland Indians for reliever Josh Outman. wholesale jerseys . -- Yankees captain Derek Jeter practiced on-field running and agility drills for the first time since breaking his ankle last fall. SAN FRANCISCO -- Bearded closer Brian Wilson jogged to the mound as the sellout crowd roared. He then struck out the side for his first save, and just like that things seemed back to normal for the San Francisco Giants. At least for a night anyway. The reigning World Series champions won by a single run, a familiar practice for this bunch, and Wilson was his reliable old self. Aaron Rowand tripled leading off the seventh and scored the go-ahead run moments later on a wild pitch, and the Giants beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-4 on Tuesday night when Wilson sealed the deal without any extra drama. "Thats the Wilson everybody wants to see," ace Tim Lincecum said. "Weve got Wilson back," Pablo Sandoval said. "That was the Wilson we know." Last years majors saves leader with 48, Wilson started the season on the disabled list and had allowed five total runs in his first two appearances since being activated -- giving him a 33.75 ERA entering his outing Tuesday. He lowered that number to 19.29 with the 1-2-3, 14-pitch ninth. "I pitched three outs today, didnt get in trouble, which is good," Wilson said. "I was staying ahead in the count for the most part, trying to pump the strike zone and trying not to beat myself, get behind in the count, walk guys. Im going to get beat. Theyre going to have to beat me." Rowand, filling in for injured centre-fielder Andres Torres, added an RBI single in the fifth. The triple was his fifth in the regular season in five years. Jeremy Affeldt (1-0) earned the win despite allowing pinch-hitter Marcus Thames tying homer to start the top of the seventh. Blake Hawksworth (1-1) took the loss. On a raw, windy night that began with strong early showings by Lincecum and Dodgers righty Chad Billingsley, San Francisco generated just enough offence against Los Angeles bullpen. The Giants beat the Dodgers for the second time in five tries so far this year. The highlight for the hard-throwing Lincecum in his home debut came on defence. He stopped Andre Ethiers hard grounder to start the sixth with a fancy play. The ball came off his glove and landed between the mound and second base. The two-time NL Cy Young Award winner chased it down with a nifty sliding, spinning move and fired to first while on both knees. He then allowed back-to-back singles to Matt Kemp and James Loney before plunking 2010 teammate Juan Uribe for the second time this year to load the bases. Lincecums night was done after he hit Uribe. Uribe pointed at his left shoulder area and signalled with two fingers to plate umpire Sam Holbrook that it was the second time Lincecum hit him this year. The ball carried on a crisp night in which the Dodgers wore hooded sweat shirts during batting practice, with the wind whipping to right-centre at 21 to 27 mph. First-pitch temperature was 55 degrees. In the seventh, TThames hit an off-speed pitch from Affeldt and sent it about halfway up the left-field bleachers for his sixth career pinch-hit homer. nfl jerseys china wholesale cheap. It was his first since June 8, 2009, against the White Sox in Chicago while with the Tigers. But the Giants got it right back in the bottom half when Rowand started a rally with his triple. San Francisco (5-6) bounced back after falling 6-1 to Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers in Mondays series opener. Sandoval doubled in the fourth to pull the Giants to 3-2, driving a low pitch down the first-base line. First baseman Loney had moved back about 10 feet on the 3-2 pitch to guard against the ball down the line, but lunged toward second and couldnt recover. "My thinking in that situation is I know Pablo is a very aggressive hitter and I didnt have to throw my breaking ball for a strike there on a 3-2 pitch," Billingsley said. "I just wanted to have something around the zone, something to maybe get a ground ball somewhere or a swing and a miss. Thats the way the game is. Things dont go the way you want to and you cant do anything about it." Both starting pitchers faced the minimum through three with just one baserunner, then each had to throw 32 pitches to get through the fourth. Lincecum had made 49 pitches through the first three innings but wound up with 115 in 5 1-3 innings. The Dodgers played without two key members of their infield. Shortstop and leadoff hitter Rafael Furcal was placed on the 15-day disabled list after he broke his left thumb while sliding headfirst into third base on a steal during Monday nights 6-1 win. While he wont need surgery, Furcal is expected to miss four to six weeks. Jamey Carroll will pick up much of the load at shortstop and Uribe also will get time there. Buster Poseys RBI single in the fifth glanced off the glove of a lunging Carroll. Third baseman Casey Blake missed his third straight start with a deep thigh bruise on his left leg that happened when San Diego baserunner Chase Headleys knee got him in a collision Saturday. He hopes to be back for Wednesdays series finale. Giants rookie Brandon Belt snapped an 0-for-11 funk with his single leading off the fifth. It was just his second hit of the homestand and sixth in 37 at-bats overall. NOTES: Hawksworths wild pitch was only the second of his career in 80 overall appearances. ... 1B Belt took flyballs in RF for the second straight day and manager Bruce Bochy is considering switching him out there for a game soon and bringing Aubrey Huff in to play 1B. Belts fourth-inning error was the Giants 10th in 11 games. ... The Giants raised nearly $70,000 to help longtime fan Bryan Stow, who was severely beaten outside Dodger Stadium on March 31. ... The Giants sold out their fifth straight home game to start the year and 15th in a row dating to last Oct. 1 for the opener of a season-ending series vs. San Diego. ' ' '

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us