Login - Become a member

NFL Scouting Combine live blog

Forums home -> News -> NFL Scouting Combine live blog

By earjerseyqq144 on Mar 28, 2014 08:57 AM

Here a question for you: When will Robert Woods get drafted? He ran an unofficial 4.44 40yard dash at the Combine. Will the Seahawks draft him at No.25? If Pete Carroll passes on Woods, what does that say about him? If Woods makes it to No.31, will the 49ers draft him? Jim Harbaugh recruited Woods out of high school, and the 49ers met with him a few days ago.

The 49ers met with Keenan Allen at the Combine. Do you expect him to slide to pick No.31? The Rams have two picks in the first round No.16 and No.22. Could they pass on Allen twice? Do you think the 49ers are considering trading up for Allen? Trading up may be the best option for the 49ers this year.

Trading down could be a good option for the 49ers, too. There could be a run on quarterbacks at the end of the first round and the beginning of the second round. The Chiefs may want to trade up to No.31 to make sure they get Geno Smith. The 49ers could trade the Chiefs Alex Smith and the No.31 pick, and receive the No.33 pick, the Chiefs third round pick and more.

10:26 Trent Baalke has to keep the Rams in mind when building the 49ers. Baalke has no Authentic Brett Hull Jersey defensive back who can match up with Chris Givens in the slot. Also, the Rams very well may draft Cordarelle Patterson with the No.16 pick. Patterson is a similar athlete to the Falcons Julio Jones, who dominated Tarell Brown in the NFC Championship game.

10:39 If the 49ers want to trade up, the Vikings could be a good trade partner. They own http://www.officialhockeyblues.com/Authentic-Al-Macinnis-Jersey the 23rd pick, and they desperately need a wide receiver. They may like three or four receivers equally (Cordarrelle Patterson, Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins and, say, Terrence Williams). They may feel comfortable trading down to pick No.31 because one or two of those guys still will Al Macinnis S Jersey be available. If the 49ers traded up to No.23, they could draft a DL like Datone Jones or Ezekiel Ansah.

11:02 The Packers are interested in signing Ricky Jean Francois, according to Bob McGinn.

2:35 Who is the best wide receiver in the draft, and why? I don think there are any premier wide receiver prospects in this draft like Calvin Johnson, but the best one to me is Markus Wheaton. He runs a 4.34, so he a deep threat like Mike Wallace. But Wheaton is effective all over the field, not just deep. He can win underneath, over the middle, on the sidelines, on reverses, etc.

Like I said yesterday, I get the feeling we are all looking in the wrong direction regarding a DL in round 1.

The call for increased DL depth was there last year as well, and we saw what happened.

They have 6 guys signed, officialhockeyblues.com/Authentic-Brett-Hull-Jersey and reports suggest they will be bringing back RJF which will get them to 7, just like last year. I too beat the DL drum early but once I looked closer at our roster I discovered that we already have a ton of DL and without knowing how the teams thinks of them I assume we mostly don need to spend a high pick on one at the moment.

I think it best to wait until the team makes a few moves to try and gauge what they going to do in two months. Let see what happens with Goldson and Whitner, Walker, Moss because then we start getting a more accurate picture of what the teams needs or maybe wants.

Bowman is not considered better than Willis except by people who don realize that its BECAUSE of Willis that Bowman is able to have the success he had. This is an Urlacher/Briggs situation. You have to be dumb as dogish to consider trading a future HOF player like Willis. It would be like the Ravens trading Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis circa 2000.

And Vernon is a top 5 tight end in the league when a QB actually throws his way, something Kap seemed to have difficulty doing. Do you not remember he tied the record for TDs in a season with Smith throwing him the ball?

If you want this team to revert back to 2007 ahead, think of trading them both. And ever GM will consider this organization a joke.

The Packers can't be sure right now what, if anything, they'll get from Jerel Worthy this year.

So they're already looking at possible replacements, and according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee JournalSentinel, have "expressed interest" in 49ers defensive lineman Ricky cheapnhljerseys.us.com JeanFrancois.

JeanFrancois is set to be an unrestricted free agent, after backing up at all three line positions for the 49ers. He got significant time when Justin Smith was out with an elbow injury down the stretch.

A former seventhround pick, he's hitting the market at a time when the 49ers have some bigger fish to fry (such as safety Dashon Goldson).

Worthy's status is up in the air after ACL reconstruction after the season, and the Packers need to add depth up front. They've also been linked to Chris Canty, along with a number of other teams. Assuming my word is not enough, take comfort in the fact that Niners Nation brought Jason Hurley (the ninercaphell guy) on to be their official cap guy. He does a great job of cutting through the b/s that comes with the announcement of a contract signing and laying out the numbers in the contract. He just did it today with the Tom Brady extension. After reading his take, you have a different (and more accurate) understanding of the deal than you would have if you only read what Peter King wrote. It not necessarily the source for the information you are seeking, but if two other sources have competing numbers and you are looking to break the tie, I absolutely rely on Florio numbers.

I was looking over the DL position drills. My thoughts are:

The top DTs looked better than the top DEs. Sheldon Richardson and Shariff Floyd both looked very good, very fast during the drills.

It was a pity, however, that a number of big names didn participate in the drills. No John Jenkins, Jesse Williams, Alex Okafor, to name a few.

Dion Jordan should be the first 34 OLB drafted. I seen comparisons to Julian Peterson, and I can see why. He just looked smooth and fast in everything he did, including when he was put through LB drills

Ezekial Ansah looked like the best DE prospect. He very athletic, just needs coaching. Bjorn Werner, however, did not look that athletic.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us