Login - Become a member

New 3D Character - Check it out!

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> New 3D Character - Check it out!

New 3D Character - Check it out! 
By JEBoothjr on Mar 27, 2002 11:10 PM
Here is a new character that I've been working on.  Probably about 12 hours invested in it. I noticed that the head on the model is a bit wider than it is in the sketch. I'm not really sure how it happened, because I had my sketch on an image plane for reference. I think I'm gonna leave it the way it is for now, though, so I can move on.

I appreciate any comments, I'll probably start texturing him soon.

- James

http://www.geocities.com/jeboothjr/JEB_Character.htm:o
Re: New 3D Character - Check it out! 
By JEBoothjr on Apr 05, 2002 09:21 AM
OK, Don't!
By GRMac13 on Apr 08, 2002 08:20 PM
I really like the facial features, nice detail.  You are on the right track if your aiming at a stylized look.  The only things that I will say is that the arms need to be shorter (IMO).  It looks as though if he lowers his arms they will be at his feet.  Also, you need to make the body a bit rounder, esp. around the waist.  One more thing, the side view of the model looks as though the head is squashed, you may want to make the head more proportional.  Other than that it is lookin pretty good.  I'd like to see it rigged and textured.
By Duckenator on Apr 29, 2002 10:39 AM
This is pretty cool! I don't think you need to change much, I mean whose to say his arms are too long? He's not a human, so maybe his arms are supposed to be that long. ::)
By JEBoothjr on Apr 30, 2002 12:06 PM
Thanks for the replies.  I think I am finished with the modeling.  I've been working on texturing him and will have something up in the next couple of days.

- James
By garverine on May 02, 2002 08:45 AM
need to know what software did u used...
By dimovich on May 11, 2002 05:09 AM
Good work. Should add more details to head. look at the hands. Anyway continue like this.
Best regards.
By Baby_Face on May 13, 2002 05:43 AM
Hehe, kinda cool.  He looks like a Star Trek alien, you know, basically human but with a few strange things goin on with the eyes or nose. :)

Interesting character!
nice work 
By artistnawar on Sep 22, 2004 03:55 PM
Great work.... 12 houres huh... well you got your work effort payed well... nice character friend...

By fusion of elements on Sep 24, 2004 08:00 AM
Good attempt at the character....

I agree that you should try to make his head less 'squashed' in the side view...

Im guessing that you used Max for this model? Similal things can be achieved very quickly and very easily in ZBrush. However, if you really want to use Max, why not try downloading the free paintDeform modifier... there are several floating around on the net. This is great for high poly characters and uses ZBrush pixol concepts to freely deform a mesh...

Might be worth checking it out?
By penisenlargement on Sep 26, 2010 04:30 AM
What a great idea!! i'ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i'm quite late to see this blog.
Mr. president doing great with HEALTH issues, just few day's before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting - vimax and vigrx plus - Good luck in building the table.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us