Login - Become a member

may be lonely at the Pro Bowl

Forums home -> Job Offers -> may be lonely at the Pro Bowl

By earjerseyqq143 on Mar 26, 2014 03:10 AM

A year ago Brett Hull Jersey the Giants sent seven players to the Pro Bowl. This year, Shaun O is going alone.

At least he is for the moment, since O was the only Giants player voted onto the NFC squad by the players, coaches and fans. O also went to the game in Hawaii last year, and will be a backup on the team that plays in Miami this year.

He likely won be alone when the game is actually played, though. Six other Giants were named alternates to the team, including receiver Steve Smith who likely will become the first Giants receiver in 31 years to make the team. Smith, who has a franchise record 97 catches this season, would be named to the squad if any of the four receivers on the team back out.

And that very likely since the game will be played one week before the Super Bowl this season. That means any player on a Super Bowl team won be able to play. It also means the players on the losers of the championship games are likely to back out, too.

The four receivers named to the NFC team are Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald, Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson, Minnesota's Sidney Rice, and Dallas' Miles Austin. All four are on playoff teams, so there's a good bet one of them makes it to at least the NFC championship game.

Left tackle David Diehl and guard Chris Snee were also named first alternates to the NFC team. Kick returner Domenik Hixon and defensive end Justin Tuck were third alternates. And quarterback Eli Manning, despite his finest statistical season, is only a fourth alternate for the squad.

For what it's worth, New Orleans Drew Brees, Minnesota's Brett Favre and Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers are the three NFC QBs. I don't know, but I'm guessing Arizona's Kurt Warner, Philadelphia's Donovan McNabb and Dallas' Tony Romo http://www.officialhockeyblues.com/Authentic-Al-Macinnis-Jersey are the three alternates ahead of Manning.

As for O'Hara, he said he's excited to represent the Giants for the second straight year.

be going back again, I am just very blessed and I can help but think that this reflects more on my unit and the guys around me than me, O said. excited about it. It a little excitement in an otherwise sad 48 hours. an offensive lineman, our mentality is you attach your selfworth to the team, O added. you having an www.cheapnhljerseys.us.com up and down season as a team and you start to get disappointed as a team, you sometimes relay that to yourself. But after last year it was great. I was very excited to participate in it and be acknowledged. is the first Giant to be voted to backtoback Pro Bowls since Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey in 200506 and the first Giants offensive lineman to go in two www.officialhockeyblues.com/Authentic-Brett-Hull-Jersey straight years since guard Youth Al Macinnis Jersey Ron Stone in 2000 and 2001. The last time a Giants center went to back to back Pro Bowls was 199091, when Bart Oates did it.

couldn have done it without the guys next to me Rich (Seubert), and Chris (Snee) and Dave (Diehl) and Kareem (McKenzie) and without my whole unit, O said. addition to them, (offensive line coach) Pat Flaherty has been instrumental in my development as a player.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us