Login - Become a member

but Ferrer began to show some

Forums home -> General Discussion -> but Ferrer began to show some

but Ferrer began to show some  
By dengdai on Mar 22, 2014 03:20 AM
NEW YORK -- Will Smith and Anthony Hargrove met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday about the Saints bounty scandal and Scott Fujitas meeting was postponed. <a href="http://www.nfljerseysusawholesale.biz/">nfl jerseys wholesale</a>. Fujita, now with the Cleveland Browns, is undergoing treatment for an injured left knee which he hurt during the preseason and couldnt come to New York, the NFLPA said. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the players left the NFL offices around 4 p.m. EDT, about three hours after they arrived. Smith and Hargrove did not make themselves available to reporters. Fujita requested a video conference but the league rejected that idea. NFL officials wanted face-to-face meetings and plan to reschedule a session with the linebacker. Fujita did not play in the season opener against Philadelphia because his suspension was only lifted two days before the game, and he wasnt able to practice on his knee, which he injured during an exhibition game against Detroit. The 33-year-old made his season debut for Cleveland on Sunday. He started at strongside linebacker and was credited with four tackles in 36 plays during the Browns 34-27 loss to the Bengals. The players had to meet with Goodell after the suspensions he placed on them were lifted by an appeals panel. Fujita, Smith, Hargrove and Jonathan Vilma were penalized by Goodell for their roles in the New Orleans bounty program, which ran from 2009-11. The NFL says coaches and players offered cash rewards for big hits during that time frame, though the players deny they were attempting to injure opponents. The commissioner met Monday with Vilma, still a New Orleans linebacker. He and his attorney were given a sworn statement from former Saints defensive co-ordinator Gregg Williams saying the linebacker placed a $10,000 bounty on then-Vikings quarterback Brett Favre. Ginsberg said they were given an affidavit at the meeting. "What Gregg Williams said in his most recent affidavit is the same falsity he has previously provided," Vilmas attorney, Peter Ginsberg said on Monday night. "I dont know what Gregg Williams motives are, but I do know that any suggestion by Williams that Jonathan put up $10,000 as an incentive for his teammates to injure another player is absolutely false." Vilma tweeted on Monday night that Williams was "bullied to sign the affidavit," saying Williams signed it on Friday. <a href="http://www.nfljerseysusawholesale.biz/">wholesale jerseys</a>. The Russian looked like a safe bet to become a top 10 player when she cracked the top 50 in 2008 and broke into the top 20 two years later. <a href="http://www.nfljerseysusawholesale.biz/">wholesale jerseys usa</a>. The two showed Monday night why they have the Royals excited for 2012. Cabrera became the first Kansas City player in 11 years to reach 200 hits and Paulino (4-6) won for the third time in his last four decisions as the Royals topped the Minnesota Twins 7-3. BARCELONA, Spain -- Rafael Nadal beat David Ferrer 6-2, 6-4 in their second all-Spanish final in two weeks to claim his sixth Barcelona Open title Sunday. The top-ranked Spaniard won his 29th straight match at the clay court event when the fourth-seeded Ferrer hit his backhand wide. "It is a dream for me to win here six times," said Nadal, whose sole loss at Barcelona came against another countryman, Alex Corretja, in 2003. "I think it will be difficult to repeat. Six years is a long time in the life of a tennis player." It was Nadals 45th career ATP title and his second consecutive trophy after beating Ferrer at Monte Carlo in straight sets April 17. Nadal won at Barcelona from 2005-09, including finals victories over Ferrer in 2008 and 2009, before sitting out last years edition to rest. "I feel bad for David because no one deserves to win here more than him for what it means to him and the work he has put in to reach three finals," Nadal said after improving his career record against Ferrer to 13-5, including a 5-0 record in finals. Nadal has beaten Ferrer 10 straight times on clay since losing to him in 2004. Ferrer has played in four finals this year, winning two and finishing as runner-up to Nadal twice. The 24-year-old Nadal became the first player to win two tournaments six or more times -- he has won Monte Carlo seven times -- in the tours Open era. His 31st clay court title also moved him into third place all time. The last time he lost on his preferred surface was to Robin Soderling at the 20009 French Open. <a href="http://www.nfljerseysusawholesale.biz/">wholesale nfl jerseys</a> "I think my first set today was my best of the season," Nadal said. "My forehand was also better today. Last week I felt like I wasnt causing enough pain for my opponents with my forehand, but today I could change its direction and send it down the line." Both players struggled to hold their serve in a match that saw six breaks for Nadal and three for Ferrer. "He served better in the first set, but we both struggled with our serves and there were a lot of breaks," Ferrer said. "We have both had better days." Nadal hit one of his patented left-hand drives into the corner to break Ferrer in the first game of the second set, but Ferrer began to show some of the fight from Monte Carlo when he tested Nadal before falling 6-4, 7-5. The second-highest-ranked Spanish player saved a break point to hold in the third game and broke Nadals serve when he forced Nadal to return long in the fourth, pulling even at 2-2. As Ferrer reduced his errors, Nadals volleys started to drift wide and he was broken for a second straight game when Ferrers forehand winner gave him a 4-2 lead. But Nadal responded, swatting Ferrers drop shot to break him in the seventh game, and he broke his opponent again in his next service game to regain the lead for good when Ferrers cross shot landed wide. "I dont know why, but I wasnt able to keep up the rhythm of play," Ferrer said. "I didnt serve well in the second set at this important moment when maybe I had a chance." ' ' '
Re: but Ferrer began to show some 
By dengdai on Mar 22, 2014 03:20 AM
PITTSBURGH -- Olli Maattas slap shot beat Michal Neuvirth with less than 2 minutes remaining and the Pittsburgh Penguins rallied by the Washington Capitals 4-3 Wednesday night. Maattas fourth goal of the season gave Pittsburgh its only lead as the Penguins won their 13th straight home game, a club record. Jussi Jokinen, Taylor Pyatt and Kris Letang also scored for the Penguins. Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 25 shots to pick up his NHL-leading 27th victory. Alexander Ovechkins 34th goal of the season gave Washington a 3-2 lead midway through the third period but the Capitals collapsed over the final 10 minutes. Brooks Laich and Jason Chimera also scored for Washington, which lost for the seventh time in nine games. Neuvirth made 33 stops, but didnt see Maattas blast from the point with 1:54 left. Pittsburgh extended its lead over the rest of the field in the Metropolitan Division to a whopping 18 points over Washington and Philadelphia by continuing to find a way to win at Consol Energy Center. Over much of the first two periods it was difficult to tell which team was coming off a shootout loss in a different building the night before and which one was playing for the first time this week. Washington has one of the games top power plays, but Laich provided a short-handed tally when he took advantage of a turnover by Letang to ignite a two-on-two break that ended with Laich all alone in front of Fleury. A flick of Laichs wrist later the Penguins were trailing, a rarity during their run of home dominance. Letang atoned 9:53 into the second period, ending a Pittsburgh rush by taking a deft drop pass from Sidney Crosby and throwing a puck at the net that deflected off two Capitals before sneaking by Neuvirth to tie it. Crosbys assist extended his home points streak to 17 games, the second-longest of his career. Chimera put Washington back in front less than five minutes later, easily tapping in a centring pass from Marcus Johansson. Pittsburgh pulled even with 3:52 left in the second as Pyatt scored for the first time since April 23, 2013, when he was a fourth-line forward for the New York Rangers. Maatta did the hard work, faking a shot from the point then skating around a fallen defender before setting Pyatt up in the left circle. It set the stage for another frenetic finish for a rivalry that should be rekindled anew with the two teams back in the same division under the NHLs realignment. Ovechkin put Washington back in front 8:35 into the third with a remarkable goal. He had his stick smacked out of his hands during a Washington rush then scrambled to pick it up just in time to receive a pass from Johansson. Fleury was no match for Ovechkins wrist shot as the Capitals went in front for the third time. And the last time. Brandon Sutter threaded a beautiful backhand pass through the crease to Jokinen for the Finnish Olympians 13th goal of the year 11:35 into the third before Maatta, a 19-year-old rookie who also will play for Finland in Sochi, provided the most electric moment of his breakout season. NOTES: The Penguins have won seven of the last eight meetings between the teams. ... Pittsburgh F Craig Adams played in his 254th straight game, tied for the fourth-longest streak in club history. ... Ovechkin has 23 goals in 33 regular-season games against Pittsburgh. ... http://www.nikefreerun3portugal.eu/ . Now UFC president Dana White says a fighter pension plan is not out of the question. "Were trying to prevent a situation where guys retire with nothing," White told reporters. http://www.nikefreerun3portugal.eu/Nike-free-run+-3-kj-94.html . Theodore was injured early in Saturdays game against the Carolona Hurricanes, leaving the ice without putting any weight on his right leg. More medical evaluation is likely before an exact prognosis is made.VICTORIA - Jack Walker scored the only goal of the shootout as the Victoria Royals shut out the Everett Silvertips 1-0 in Western Hockey League action Wednesday. The win moved the Royals into a points tie with Portland for second in the Western Conference. Patrik Polivka finished with 24 saves for the Royals (27-13-2). Austin Lotz stopped 29 shots for the Silvertips (23-12-5), who trail Victoria by four points in the standings. --- HURRICANES 6 PATS 3 REGINA -- Corbin Boes made 46 saves and Lethbridge scored three goals in the opening two minutes of the second period on its way to hammering the Pats. Riley Sheen had a pair of goals for the Hurricanes (8-28-5), with singles coming from Griffin Foulk, Tyler Bell, Russell Maxwell and Reid Duke..dddddddddddd. Kyle Burroughs, Chandler Stephenson and Connor Gay replied for Regina (19-17-4). Pats goalie Nick Schneider allowed three goals on 26 shots, while Dawson MacAuley struggled with two goals allowed on six shots in just over five minutes of play. --- BLADES 6 BRONCOS 3 SASKATOON -- The lowly Blades scored three unanswered goals late in the third to surprise Swift Current. Nikita Scherbak led the way with two goals, and Ayrton Nikkel, Nick Zajac, Logan Harland and Dylan Busenius added a goal apiece for Saskatoon (11-27-3). Jay Merkley, Graham Black and Coda Gordon had goals for the Broncos (21-14-6). Troy Trombley finished with 37 saves for Saskatoon, while at the other end of the ice Landon Bow stopped 33 shots. ' ' '

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us