Login - Become a member

MAX 5 Discreets version of MAYA!!!

Forums home -> News -> MAX 5 Discreets version of MAYA!!!

MAX 5 Discreets version of MAYA!!! 
By Local_Boy on Aug 02, 2002 09:29 AM
I don't know if you people have played with max 5 yet but I think they are trying a little too hard to be like MAYA. Even the keyboard layout has adopted the MAYA shortcuts. New Paint Tools in MAX, Sound familiar. Selection Methods. Perspective view of the grid.  I use both softwares and I can understand the benifits of trying to make them similar, but each program has its own charachteristics thats what makes each program different.
All I can say is this just reminds me of Sheryl Crow's version of GNR Sweet Child of Mine.

What do you think?
Re: MAX 5 Discreets version of MAYA!!! 
By NOMIND on Nov 29, 2002 08:05 AM
Hmmm, I've never used Maya, but I've been using Max since version 3.2 or so... Max 5 seems like a pretty  normal  progression to me.  I think any resemblance to the Maya interface is coincidence.  In addition I'd like to say this whole "My software is better than yours" kick that everyone is on is childish and moronic.  Just look at the art on this site or any other site on the web.  There are people producing SUPERB work on ALL of the software platforms.  It's not the tools, but how you use them...
By mooR on Jan 24, 2003 03:36 AM
i havent got the pleasure to check MAX 5 yet. but i like the quote about sheryl crow and gunz :)
By ephemerae on Apr 28, 2003 02:58 AM
hehe - that's exactly what i thought when seeing max 5!

i've been a big max fan for years .. somehow this really disappoints me .. :-/

with you NOMIND! 
By artistnawar on Sep 25, 2004 03:01 PM
Yeas I agree with you NOMIND I work on MAX 5 and I took lessons on MAYA.... but I found out that it depends on the artist.... for me I am use to MAX interface and its really gotten to be a seconed nature for me to use MAX interface.... MAYA is nice and also MAX ! ... today MAYA has some intresting tools and also MAX is adding some new tools... each has its won unique tools..... and they are all growing....!

see ya all :P

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us