Login - Become a member

Aaron Rodgers calls Mark Sanchez's

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Aaron Rodgers calls Mark Sanchez's

Aaron Rodgers calls Mark Sanchez's 
By ehgfy001 on Mar 17, 2014 01:32 AM
Aaron Rodgers calls Mark Sanchez's photo spread in GQ 'embarrassing

Eric Gay/AP; GQ Magazine Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (l.) calls Mark Sanchez's GQ spread 'embarrassing' and 'terrible.' Sanchez (below) says he's just focused on a good start in Week 1.

Related Stories NY Jets' locker room is too toxic for QB Mark Sanchez now Santonio Holmes catches game winning TD as NY Jets, Mark Sanchez and Plaxico Burress come back on Bills, 28 24 'Life' less: Jets D smothers Giants, 17 3 Sanchez Jets offense take to the airMark Sanchez posed in the white skinny pants and black tank top, and he takes ownership of his image. The GQ metrosexual photo spread is something he is proud of, even though it has earned him quite a bit of teasing in the Jets locker room and around the league.

Wednesday, the Jets quarterback tried to shrug off the criticism of his image from Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, who called Ray Ban 2143 Cheap the photo spread "embarrassing."

"I think he was, obviously, making a joke out of it, and that's fine, giving me a good ribbing like the guys on our team," Sanchez said in a statement released by the Jets. "That's totally understandable, but I'm just happy that it ended up working out for a good cause and we got to partner with two great companies and one great charity, with Hugo Boss and Tuesday's Children. It worked out for the better and I can take a little razzing for the way it ended up. I know he's just joking around, so that's totally fine."

Wednesday, on his weekly radio show in Milwaukee, the Super Bowl MVP mocked Sanchez's photo spread in GQ, and specifically called the pictures of Sanchez embarrassing.

"Look at this," Rodgers said in the ESPN radio interview. "That's embarrassing. Page 94 of the GQ thing here. That's terrible."

Actually, Sanchez disagreed about what is embarrassing. What was terrible to him was his Week 1 performance last season. After becoming the face of the in your face new Jets, one of the TV stars of "Hard Knocks," Sanchez flopped on national television. He could not lead the Jets to a touchdown in a 10 9 loss to the Ravens. He threw for just 74 yards, completing 10 of 21 passes.

"Last year, we were trying too hard," Sanchez said. "(We) got that pressure from 'Hard Knocks,' got to show the world everything we got and we got all these new players and you want to do so much. (This year, we) just (have to) be ourselves. Go with what you know. We're a good rushing team. We can throw the ball when we need to. We're going to have good field position with our special teams. Our defense is going to get the offense the ball back."

Sanchez Ray Ban 2085 Cheap was able to get back on track the next week, throwing for three touchdowns in a win over the Patriots.

But the completion problem was one lingered on for the rest of the season.

Sanchez completed 196 of 364 passes, 54.8%, last year. Only two quarterbacks in the NFL (Jimmy Clausen and Derek Anderson) had worse completion percentages.

It is a point of emphasis for him this year. He said he is trying to be quicker to look for help from his running backs or look for shorter, quicker passes and more completions.

"Just going through my progression, being confident like I am and getting completions when I can," Sanchez said.

While Sanchez is trying to improve his completion rate, Rex Ryan is focused on another stats that his quarterback is racking up: wins.

"You'd love to see your quarterback over 60 (%)," Ryan said Wednesday. "Our system is probably a little different than others. We'll take probably more shots down field than some teams will. . The big thing is wins. Protect the football and let's find ways to get wins. If he's at 55 (%)and we're winning games, it doesn't (matter). I don't have him on my fantasy football team. I just want my quarterback to win."

Daily News Readers alert Going forward, the Daily News will require new users to register to the site using full names in order to comment on stories. If you have an existing Daily News account and you registered with only a screen name, that name will still be valid. If you are an existing user and you registered using both a screen name and your full name, your full name will appear on comments posted after October 21, 2013. We are always seeking new ways to improve your experience and we know this change will only make our Daily News community better. Comments See All Comments [Discussion Guidelines ] To post your comments, please, Sign in . X

Most http://www.cheapsunglassesstore.co.uk/oakley-sunglasses6/radar-path-sunglasses12 Popular

Most Read Most Shared 1 Mehta: Jets better not pout, Rex is good, for goodness' sake 2 Myers: For these Jets, turbulence is their natural state 3 Jets Insider: WR back from tragedy 4 Jets Insider: Quietly, Geno emerges 5 Myers: Victory lap may have been Rex's last as Jets head coach 6 Mehta: Jets' Geno doesn't look so Green 7 Rex not worried about job, only focused on Miami 8 Mehta: Which Jets should stay, go in 2014 9 Rex asks for Jets to back him, and Gang delivers vs. Browns 10 Jets Insider: Milliner rewards Ryan's trust as he turns corner

1 Myers: For these Jets, turbulence is their natural state 2 Jets land Revis, Mangold on NFL's All Pro team 3 LT appreciates rest from Rex in practice 4 Lupica: Pressure on Revis, Jets to perform 5 Jets RB Thomas Jones watches "The Golden Girls" in free time 6 No Pat answers for Brady replacement 7 Raissman: Is reality a distraction for Sanchez? 8 Rex finger draws pass from NFL 9 For Big Ben, controversy left behind 10 Myers: Brady chases Super status

Dec 23rd, 3:22PM Rex Ryan: 'I'm not disgruntled about anything'

Rex Ryan spent most of his Monday conference call with the media trying to avoid questions about his future, but eventually the coach did

Dec 22nd, 12:38PM Report: Rex Ryan told team 'word on street' is he will be fired

With his team out of the playoff hunt, it sounds as if Rex Ryan is using his uncertain job status as a motivational tool.

Dec 18th, 3:47PM Santonio Holmes says he would take another pay cut to remain with Jets

Santonio Holmes wants to be a Jet so badly next year that he's willing to take a pay cut again. Holmes, who reduced his salary to $7.5

Editors' Picks Mets edge Yanks in Subway Series opener Daniel Murphy added some flourish to the Subway Series Monday night, tomahawking his bat into the turf as he ran to first after delivering the winning hit in the Mets' 2 1 victory over the Yankees at Citi Field.

Harper: Captain Wright's the ship for Mets The catch seemed destined to be another moment that defined the baseball pecking order in New York. Certainly the way the season has gone, Brett Gardner's spectacular catch was proof this would footballbroncosprostore.com/broncos-demarcus-ware-jersey-c-60.html be another night when the Yankees and Mets would go their separate ways.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us