Login - Become a member

McNabb and Reid look bad

Forums home -> Job Offers -> McNabb and Reid look bad

McNabb and Reid look bad 
By earjerseyqq137 on Mar 08, 2014 05:09 AM
McNabb and Reid look bad

It could be the final straw that breaks the back of Eagles coach , whose 10year run as coach and personnel chieftain in Philadelphia is threatened.

Philadelphia may be the City of Brotherly Love, but only when the Eagles are winning.

Across the NFL, this game is being mercilessly dissected in front offices and meeting rooms because of its improbable outcome.

The tie isn't being debated. The manner in which it came about with two experienced head coaches, Reid and Cincinnati's , stubbornly passing the ball in a maddening series of threeandout drives at the end of regulation and during the overtime period is leaving the rest cheap nfl jerseys of the NFL questioning the clock management skills of both men.

Then there is this: How could McNabb not know that regular season NFL games can end in a tie?

"No, I didn't know that," McNabb said afterward when pressed about why the Eagles (541) locked in a weekly battle for survival in one of the NFL's most difficult divisions played such strategically bad football in the waning seconds of regulation as well as in the 15minute overtime period.

That helps explain why the final play of the lone extra period that is allowed in the NFL was a whattheheck pass by McNabb that cheap jerseys failed.

Now we know McNabb figured he'd get another overtime, so why not air it out to the middle of the field?

"I've never been a part of a tie," McNabb explained. He wasn't out of line with that statement. There hadn't been a tie in the NFL since 2002, when the Falcons and Steelers battled to a 3434 outcome.

Here is where McNabb may have finally destroyed whatever confidence Eagles fans had left in him.

"I never even knew that was in the rule book," McNabb continued. "It's part of the rules and we have to go with it. I was looking forward to the next opportunity to get out there and try to win the game."It got worse.

Reid, who is under increasing fire in Philly for his team's deteriorating play, including losses to wholesale jerseys all three division rivals, came across after the game as being completely unaware of how costly a tie could be.

"I've never been in a tie, so I don't know how this thing works in the standings," Reid said. Hint: It's half a point. At this stage, the Eagles can't afford to surrender half a cheap nfl jerseys point in the standings.

Reid's critics are befuddled why he doesn't run the ball, especially with a capable player like in the backfield. Why not run on third down, instead of relying on McNabb to convert? Opponents are convinced that Reid is afraid to hand cheap nfl jerseys off the ball and they play defense accordingly, blitzing McNabb on third down and forcing Westbrook into a pass protection role.

Against the Bengals, the Eagles had 18 third downs five in the first half. They passed every time. www.wholesalecheapbroncosjerseys.com And converted on only three of these third down opportunities.

On one hand, all that heat McNabb typically would have endured for turning over the ball four times (including tying his careerhigh with three interceptions) has been lost among the controversy over his lack of overtime knowledge. To be fair, McNabb has been adept at protecting the ball this season. He had five interceptions entering the game. Anyone at the game or watching it knew the windy conditions were a factor in the turnovers.

At issue is the Eagles' inability to win close games, and that falls on the shoulders of McNabb and Reid. Their four losses and the tie have been by six points or fewer.

Not working anymoreAcross the NFL, there is growing certainty that the head coachasgeneral manager business model, one that prominent sports agent pushed for his many coaching clients in recent years, is as passe as a prevent defense.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us