Login - Become a member

McCarthy baseball grad Nick Castellanos

Forums home -> Job Offers -> McCarthy baseball grad Nick Castellanos

McCarthy baseball grad Nick Castellanos  
By earjerseyqq137 on Mar 08, 2014 05:09 AM
McCarthy baseball grad Nick Castellanos keeping Dwight Howard Swingman Jersey tabs on his alma mater

A few weeks later, he was drafted by the Detroit Tigers and that summer, he began his professional career. But even though he's two year removed from his days with the Mavericks, Castellanos is still keeping an eye on how his alma mater is doing. Since Castellanos' graduation, McCarthy has won two more state titles.

On Sunday, Castellanosa third baseman with the AA Erie SeaWolveswas named MVP of the Futures Game, which showcases some of the minor league's most talented players. I had the chance to catch up with him about his Futures Game performance and during our conversation, Castellanos said he's "extremely proud" of McCarthy's incredible baseball success, especially since his younger brother Ryan has been a part of that success.

"Of course I've been watching them," Nick Castellanos laughed. "I've been keeping in touch with them. I have a lot of friends on the team. And I keep in touch with my coaches, they're a big reason why I'm here. I'm extremely proud of them. To win once is hard, to James Harden Jerseys do it three times is near impossible."

For their part, the Mavericks are plenty proud of Castellanos too. This past spring, the team traveled to Lakeland to meet with Castellanoswho was then playing for the singleA Lakeland Flying Tigers. And McCarthy coach Rich Bielski said the thirdbaseman often visits campus when in South Florida.

"He's so great about coming back Carmelo Anthony Authentic Jersey and sharing the things he's learned with our players," www.officialnbasite.com/james-harden-jersey-c-1_87_405.html Bielski said. "He's still approachable. It's like he hasn't left and he's just one of our seniors. Any time he's in town, he's here. I think he feels like the players on the team now are all his little brothers."

CHRISTY CABRERA CHIRINOS I'm one of the few who can say they were www.officialnbasite.com/dwight-howard-jersey-c-1_87_410.html born and raised in South Florida. I stumbled upon a love of writing while a student at the University of Miami. After too many sleepless nights trying to decipher chemistry assignments, it was time to change majors and I graduated in 2000 with a degree www.officialnbasite.com/carmelo-anthony-jersey-c-1_101_182.html in journalism and English Literature.

I'm enjoying the job today as much as I did at my first Friday night football game. After all, where else do you get to cover games from the sidelines and have the opportunity to meet tomorrow's stars before they really hit it big?

DIETER KURTENBACH a Chicago native and 2010 Missouri School of Journalism graduate, has covered Missouri Tigers athletics for KCOU radio and the Columbia Missourian, Major League Soccer for Comcast SportsNetChicago, and lunch orders for ESPN RadioChicago. Kurtenbach was part of the Missourian team that earned first place in "Breaking News" at the 2010 Associated Press Sports Editors awards, but his real passion is his constant quest to find the world's best sandwich if you have a tip, don't hesitate to send it his way.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us