Login - Become a member

Fantasy football Roundtable

Forums home -> Post 3D Art -> Fantasy football Roundtable

Fantasy football Roundtable 
By mingren on Jan 10, 2014 06:05 AM
<P>Fantasy football Roundtable</P>
<P></P>
<P>Beller: I'm stashing Andre Brown in any league where I can spare a roster spot. He's eligible to return from a broken leg Week 10, and early indications have him on schedule to remain true to that timetable. I'm not buying into Brandon Jacobs at all after his huge game in Chicago last week. The Bears have been terrible defensively, and played the entire game without their top three defensive tackles. Williams left with what turned out to be a torn pectoral. It was not the Jacobs rebirth. He simply took advantage of an undermanned defense.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Flood: If I could only own one injured player other than Harvin, it would be Andre Brown, followed Michael Crabtree, then Burleson and Pitta. Running backs are obviously extremely valuable www.officialauthentic49ers.com/14+Ya+Tittle+Jersey+Cheap.html in fantasy football and Brown has a chance to return from his leg injury and run away with the Giants tailback job. Wilson is in Y.A. Tittle Jersey Nike the midst of a forgettable season. Brandon Jacobs is on the wrong side of 30 and appears to be the slowest person on the field when he gets the ball. Michael Cox isn't a good enough blocker to stay in the game. Basically, the Giants running game is a complete disaster. Don't forget that Brown was supposed to split time with Wilson before his preseason injury. The Giants come out of their bye to take on the Raiders in Week 10. Brown is eligible to return for that game. Whenever he returns, there's a legitimate chance he receives significant action.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Beller: He may have turned his season around on Sunday, but for now I'm going with Stevan Ridley. He was one of the few guys outside the top tier who I felt had a relatively high floor this season. I thought he'd be able to secure a large role in a potent offense, and that at worst he'd ride the volume to a top 15 season. Of course, there aren't any guarantees when Bill Belichick is your coach, and Ridley had a stint in the doghouse after losing a fumble Week 1. He got 11 carries or fewer in three of New England's first four games, and failed to reach 80 total yards in a game until this past Sunday. I did not see that coming.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Flood: I'm completely baffled by Chris Johnson's lack of fantasy production. Maybe I'm biased because I owned Johnson for his magical 2009 season, but I did not expect him to be this bad. Johnson is averaging only 3.1 yards per carry; he hasn't run for a TD this year and hasn't broken a run for more than 23 yards. Johnson is the most frustrating fantasy player because he's not hurt. He just stinks. You used a second or third round pick on the Titans running back, hoping to recapture '09 glory, and now you think about benching him on a weekly basis. It's extremely difficult to be competitive in fantasy football when relying on a player that never produces. I loved Johnson entering the season, but I will never draft him again.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Beller: It has to be Julio Jones in Atlanta. Jones wasn't just Matt Ryan's lone reliable weapon. He was playing as well as anyone at the position, racking up 41 catches for 580 yards and two touchdowns through five games. With him on the shelf, Atlanta is without its most explosive player. Without anyone to stretch the field for the Falcons, defenses will be able to play the run more, take away the underneath routes at which Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez excel, and dare Ryan to beat them deep. The wheels could come off this offense.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Flood: The Cowboys could see their skill position players take statistical hits with DeMarco Murray injured. Murray has a sprained left MCL and is expected to miss a few weeks. Tony Romo has been great, but Murray hasn't been too shabby either. The workhorse running back has averaged 4.7 yards per carry and gained 428 yards on 91 carries through six games. That's a lot of offense. The Cowboys don't exactly have a proven backup, with rookie Joseph Randle expected to receive the bulk of the action. Will Romo struggle if the run game struggles? Will defenses focus on shutting down Dez Bryant now that Dallas is without a proven running back? Will Jason Witten need to stick around the pocket to help with Elite Y.A. Tittle Jersey pass protection? All of the sudden the Cowboys offense isn't as sexy for fantasy purposes.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Beller: No doubt, the Cobb injury will slow this offense down as a whole. He was such a deadly weapon for Aaron Rodgers, especially on third down. No offense could lose a guy like Cobb and keep on chugging along at full capacity. From a fantasy standpoint, I'm dinging Rodgers ever so slightly, but boosting both Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley in my rest of season rankings. Cobb's absence may curb the offense a bit, but Nelson and Finley will more than make up for that with an increase in targets.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Flood: It's easier for the Packers to replace Cobb than it is for fantasy owners to replace Cobb. Green Bay has managed to replace Greg Jennings and Donald Driver in recent years without missing a beat. If Cobb was your No. 1 fantasy receiver, it is doubtful you can replace him on the waiver wire. Aaron Rodgers typically can turn any NFL caliber receiver into a nice real life option, so expect big things from Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley in the near future. Rodgers will miss Cobb and Jones while they're injured, but I don't see his fantasy production significantly falling off. Eddie Lacy could also see a bump in production and is primed for a monster second half.</P>
<P></P>
<P>For example, most people would likely prefer Dez Bryant to Jordy Nelson, all things being equal. The Cowboys, however, have played every week this season. The Packers have already had their bye. I think I'd prefer seven games of Nelson. This is but one example. Once a player has had his bye, his value for the rest of the season increases against players who have yet to sit for a week.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Flood: Depending on the circumstance, an upcoming bye week can significantly downgrade a player's value. At some point, owners find themselves in must win situations. If your fantasy team has four losses through six weeks, you can't afford to drop another matchup. Don't be afraid to make a deal if, for example, Drew Brees is your quarterback and you must win this week. The Saints have a bye in Week 7 and while Brees is a top notch quarterback, he's not going to do you any good this weekend on your bench. Trading Brees for a quarterback who already had his bye, a la Cam Newton, would give you a legitimate fantasy option going forward. Eventually, winning your next matchup is all that matters.</P>

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us