Login - Become a member

Voight also says he

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Voight also says he

Voight also says he  
By lluggg438 on Jan 04, 2014 02:24 AM
Jon Voight worked for scale for role Lifestyle EagleTribune

NEW YORK (AP) It was Jon Voight's portrayal of male prostitute Joe Buck in the 1969 film "Midnight Cowboy" that put him on the path to becoming an acting legend. Now he says he was paid a pittance for the part.

Voight says that he wanted the role so badly he told his agent, "I said, 'Tell them I'll do this part for nothing.' " The actor says to his surprise, "they took me at my word and they gave me minimum for 'Midnight Cowboy.' "

Voight spoke Wednesday as he was promoting his NFL?Jerseys?Cheap film "Getaway" costarring Ethan Hawke and Selena Gomez that opens today and "Ray Donovan," the Showtime series he appears in opposite Liev Schreiber.

The Oscar and Emmywinning actor says the studio United Artists "even sent me a $14.73 coffee shop charge," for meals his last day of shooting for the film in Texas. Voight also says he persuaded costar Dustin Hoffman to wholesale jerseys try out for the role of Enrico "Ratso" Rizzo after the two became friends doing an offBroadway show and that they auditioned for the movie together.

Looking back, Voight says, "It was the worst." But Voight says he had no regrets. "I knew what it meant. It was going to give me Wholesale NFL Jerseys a career and I was right."

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us