Login - Become a member

Batterybacked write cache is available

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Batterybacked write cache is available

Batterybacked write cache is available  
By igdfg001 on Dec 20, 2013 03:06 AM
Batterybacked write cache is available in most RAID cards; needed to allow InnoDB to commit without disk write head movement. Allocate total memory 2GB to InnoDB buffer pool.

SSD for random reads; sucks wind on random writes.

HDDs with low latencies and high random write throughput.

You cheap ugg boots are looking at:

Dual Quad Core E5430 (2.66 GHz)

32 GB 667 Cheap UGGs UK MHz RAM

8 x 73 GB 15k RPM ugg boots uk SAS

Dual power supplies

You would virtualize a much bigger machine to get a couple of virtual machines ugg outlet that looked like the above. Does that help?

I've got a website and a very CPU intensive database (MSSQL).

I need to put both on a single server and I'm wondering would I be better off going with a 2 socket, dual core setup or a single quad core setup?

Also, should I consider virtualizing the servers or just a single OS (sorry if this is off topic for the forum, ignore it if so )

If it's very CPU intensive, virtualizing it isn't advisable as it will run slower. You didn't specify which CPUs you're looking at, therefore it's difficult to answer your question. You didn't specify which CPUs you're looking at, therefore it's difficult to answer your question. Let's just say that a single 5570 is faster than two dual core CPUs, no matter which ones you select.

The X5570 Gainstown is a quad core CPU. Very recent work has improved scaling on Quad core but problems remain."Thursday, July 23, 2009

Relevance in the datacenter cheaperbootsuk.com

Do you know SQL or do you NoSQL? MySQL has been very popular for internetscale deployments. But times have changed and there are alternatives. The alternatives either outscale or outavail MySQL and this is more important than providing the features of an RDBMS for many applications. My prediction is that there will be much less usage of MySQL for internetscale applications in the future if we do not make big changes.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us