Login - Become a member

Aubrayo Franklin is the “Newcomer of the Week”

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Aubrayo Franklin is the “Newcomer of the Week”

Aubrayo Franklin is the “Newcomer of the Week” 
By yyyywefdf4f on Dec 20, 2013 02:40 AM
Aubrayo Franklin is the “Newcomer of the Week”-Jaguars Edition

Throughout the course of the season, Colts.com will run a “Newcomer of the Week” following each regular season game. With the Colts having an influx of the newcomers this season here’s a look at the” Newcomer of the Week” from Jacksonville.

He wasn’t the most heralded of 2013 free agent signings for the Colts but there’s no denying the impact that Aubrayo Franklin has had up the middle of the team’s 3-4 defense.

Franklin is an 11-year veteran nose tackle and he has 126 games of NFL experience knowing that stopping the run is his main asset.

On Sunday, Franklin helped the Colts defense limit Maurice Jones-Drew to 1.8 yards per carry (13 carries for 23 yard), the lowest output the Jaguars Pro Bowl running back has had in 60 straight games.

In the AFC South, the Colts face some of the game’s premier running back and Franklin’s addition was needed this offseason.

Not only has Franklin helped second-year nose tackle Josh Chapman grow into an NFL run-stopper, but he’s showing why he’s hung around the league at the age of www.footballcoltsproshop.com/colts-andrew-luck-jersey-c-13.html 33.

When the Colts signed Franklin in late March, Authentic Andrew Luck Jersey the veteran nose tackle talked about what brought him to Indianapolis and how he fits into a familiar defense.

“Just the chance to get back with my former defensive coordinator, Greg Manusky. Plus these guys made the playoffs and I feel like they are a contender again,” Franklin said back in March.

“(I’m) a hard, tough-nosed player, ready to give up my body to allow my linebackers to make plays, be free and make tackles.”

A month into his tenure as a Colt and it’s safe to say Franklin has carried out that description.

Other Newcomers of Note:

-Running back Trent Richardson ran for 60 yards on 20 carries and scored his second touchdown with the Colts. Richardson got his first start with the Andrew Luck Jersey Womens Colts and saw his playing time increase to 55 offensive snaps without Ahmad Bradshaw.

-Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey had three catches for 33 yards on Sunday. DHB now has 13 catches for 135 receiving yards on the season.

-Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck saw his first action as a member of the Colts on Sunday. Hasselbeck was 2-of-3 for 37 yards and led the Colts to a late fourth quarter field goal.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us