Login - Become a member

combustion

Forums home -> Lighting -> combustion

combustion 
By ericvanh on Feb 23, 2002 08:35 PM
i am a student recreating the first shuttle launch in 3ds max(3.1 and 4) can i do it with max alone or should i get combustion as well? i am concerned about the smoke plumes the most. if anybody has done a shuttle launch or knows someone who has please reply.
Re: combustion 
By romz on May 03, 2002 06:34 PM
Well, technically you could do the entire animation in 3DS, but if you want to render in layers and comp those together later on then you'll need a compositing program. If you have After Effects I wouldn't worry about it though.

The only other thing I could see using Combustion for is the particle effects, since they bought out Illusion and implemented that program into Combustion it makes adding particle effects really easy, however I don't know how much control you have over the actual emitters.. Does max have particle systems, if not you might want to get Combustion?

Hope that helps

romz

P.S. After Effects doesn't have any particle effects that I know of but, then again I haven't had a chance to check out 5.5 to it's fullest. Make sure you post the animation after it's done, I'm curious to see how it came out.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us