Login - Become a member

Florida State retooling for ACC title defense

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Florida State retooling for ACC title defense

By efgfd001 on Dec 10, 2013 02:44 AM

No team in the conference lost more than the Seminoles. Not only did 13 starters depart after exhausting their eligibility or entering the NFL draft, but steelersfootballprostore.com/steelers-ryan-clark-jersey-c-22.html six assistant coaches also left Tallahassee for other jobs.

Among them was defensive coordinator Mark Stoops, who accepted the head job at Kentucky after steering FSU to the nation's No. 2 ranking in total defense. Replacing him is former Alabama assistant Jeremy Pruitt, who becomes just the third FSU defensive coordinator in 28 years.

FSU's entire defensive line has been overhauled as well 2012 ACC defensive player of the year Bjoern Werner is the most damaging loss leading many to believe it'll be significantly easier to score on the Seminoles this year.

"At the end of the day, there's nothing I can say that could change someone's opinion or belief," said FSU safety Lamarcus Joyner, one of four returning starters on that side on the ball. "All I can do is just tell you that I believe, with this new defensive scheme, that we're going to be a great defense. Manuel was selected in the first round of the NFL draft by the Buffalo Bills. Redshirt freshmen Jameis Winston and Sean Maguire enter fall practice still jockeying for the job.

"I hope some great decisions, a lot of touchdowns Steelers Troy Polamalu Jersey and a lot of wins," said FSU coach Jimbo Fisher, when asked what could be expected out of the position. "Whoever wins the job, I think you have two guys that are very talented, very capable, that the team respects very much, that have arm talent, have leg talent and have mental talent. Hopefully, they'll be surrounded on the offensive side of the ball by a lot of experience, which I think will make their job easier."

One unit that should be stout is the offensive line, where FSU returns four starters. Fisher said the group is the biggest and most physical he's had in four years at the helm.

Winston, who doubled as a relief pitcher and outfielder on FSU's baseball team this spring, was rated as a fivestar recruit by Scout coming out of Hueytown (Ala.) High. The 6foot4, 225pounder has dualthreat abilities but no experience.

"You want to talk about a freshman?" Joyner said. "Let's talk about Johnny Football. So if he can do it, Jameis Winston, I believe he can do it.

Regardless, there were enough questions this year for FSU to be picked a distant second behind Clemson in the Atlantic Division in the preseason ACC poll. In Tallahassee, though, the expectations haven't changed.

"I think this team is still talented," Fisher said. "We have the least amount of starters www.steelersfootballprostore.com/steelers-maurkice-pouncey-jersey-c-27.html back in the ACC, but we also have more junior and senior starters than we had a year ago.

http://www.omnipclublove.com/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=6266
http://www.romboarq.cl/wiki/fight_schedule
http://www.wizedate.com/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=37319

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us