Login - Become a member

Kevin picks up where Miss Conduct leaves off

Forums home -> Resumes -> Kevin picks up where Miss Conduct leaves off

By earjerseyqq113 on Dec 06, 2013 03:55 AM

I have awesome manners. Some I won't say who, because I'm much too modest have even gone so far as to call me the most www.footballbroncosprostore.com/broncos-wes-welker-jersey-c-17.html courteous person on the entire SunTimes staff. But you don't earn a title like this without keeping current on the latest trends in mindfulness.

It should surprise no one that I've been invited to a soiree this Sunday a 'super' affair, if you will. I'm positive it will be very fancy and will prominently feature several delectable gourmet foods and a bevy of canned beverages made from choice hops and rare strains www.footballbroncosprostore.com/broncos-jacob-tamme-jersey-c-39.html of nearextinct barley.

Being a legendary connoisseur of all things etiquette, all things party and all things legendary, I was happy to read a blog post today from one "Miss Conduct," which can be found on the Boston www.footballbroncosprostore.com/broncos-peyton-manning-jersey-c-9.html Globe's Web site.

"Ask a few questions to assess someone's level of knowledge/fandom before you start opining, venting, explaining, or whatever. It's a terribly embarrassing feeling to realize you've just condescended to someone who knows, in fact, more than you do."

Totally agree. Here's a few questions that you can use to assess someone's level of football knowledge to avoid the horrible embarrassment Miss Conduct describes.

1. What are your thoughts on the cover 2 defense, and have you seen the dog they have running around this joint? It's adorable! Where is that thing?

2. I hear that Ben Roethlisberger almost joined the clergy after graduating from Middle School. Where did you get that bruschetta? That looks delicious! You know, it's so hard to find good basil in Chicago in the winter. I'm Elite Wes Welker Jersey talkinggoodbasil. Sure, you can find that packaged stuff, but c'mon. You know?

3. One time, I saw Kurt Warner at a Kohl's in Chesterfield, Missouri. Who's your favorite character on "Lost?" That's funny . mine's Sawyer too!

4. So . football . how many people in your graduating high school class?

"Given the Patriots' unfortunate year, a little whatif kibbitzing is appropriate at a local party. But don't let imagining Jacob Tamme NFL Jersey the game that could have been get in the way of enjoying the game that is."

Remember, Miss Conduct is speaking to a largely Bostonian audience so they're still proxy hurting from the injury to Tom Brady; not to mention last year's crushing loss to the Giants in Super Bowl 42. But let us not forget it was only two years ago that our own Chicago Bears were playing on this same world stage. If you feel you need to talk about the Bears during your Super Bowl party, I suggest the following phrases be introduced into casual conversation:

1. Kyle Orton is like the Ben Roethlisberger of our generation. What's that you say? Ben Roethlisberger is the Ben Roethlisberger of our generation? Well, that makes no sense.

2. I would be lying to you if I said I didn't cry today. I'm telling you, I'd make moves, is all I'm saying. Including that adorable dog. Where is that thing?

4. Singing a song about the Bears is always acceptable. May I suggest:

"Never say, 'It's only a game.'"

I suggest you say Peyton Manning Jersey White this exact phrase at only the most crucial point(s) of the game. This is kind of like posing the question to the entire party, "Who here do I not want to be friends with?" To which you receive an immediate and entirely accurate answer based on your fellow partygoers' reactions.

Perhaps most importantly, Miss Conduct urges the following:

"Enthusiasm is great, but don't yell so loud you scare the pets. If Fluffy still won't come out from under the sofa by Tuesday, you probably won't be invited back."

That's actually a great rule to follow in life. You can substitute virtually any verb phrase and modifier to create a truism based on its affect on the pets.

http://www.getyourfrogon.com/blog/?p=94080
http://socialpinas.com/index.php?do=/blog/2836/dan-pompei-039-s-bears-mailbag/
http://www.safeteennm.org/nimf/?q=node/192383&PHPSESSID=556f52a59b402ec28588684f4863da40

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us