Login - Become a member

Meyer expects better start to Ohio State

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Meyer expects better start to Ohio State

Meyer expects better start to Ohio State  
By ppppgr645gd on Nov 30, 2013 02:05 AM

No one could really blame Urban Meyer a year ago if he looked at the scoreboard after Eric Decker Jersey his first quarter as Ohio State head coach and wondered have I gotten myself into? Buckeyes were down to Miami University the MidAmerican Conference team 70 after the first quarter in Meyer debut. The offense looked unprepared. Meyer, at times, looked like an unmade bed on the sidelines. Fans watched in a stupor.

should have been worse, could have been worse, Meyer said, jaws clenched as he thought back to last year season opener. Buffalo heads to Ohio Stadium, Peyton Manning NFL Jersey and the Bulls spent last season in MAC mediocrity like Miami did.

There are much higher expectations for Meyer second year.

While Meyer won his opener he has never lost a season opener in 11 games he wasn pleased with his team performance.

What would put Meyer in a better mood this year after the first four quarters?

want us to play well. I want us to play clean, Meyer said. I just didn think, really, up until about the third or fourth game (last year) that we acted clean. Fundamentally, we were 120 and some really great things happened, some incredible leadership, motivation and a team that got really, Demaryius Thomas Jersey really close. That is the most important thing.

secondmost important part is just blocking, tackling and being in great football position. I hoping that we leave that field Saturday with a win, but you feel good about the fundamentals of your football team. If you do that, that a real positive. We didn start that way. It took us a while last year. State is a 36point favorite against Buffalo, which finished 48 last year. The Bulls return every skilled player on offense, and linebacker Khalil Mack is a potential firstround NFL draft pick.

So while fans and national media have jumped on Ohio State bandwagon and practically driven it to Pasadena already, Meyer isn buying a ticket just yet.

of all, we not that good yet, Meyer said. tell you if I believe we are, and we not. Von Miller Men's Jersey We have a long way to go, especially in certain areas. So I don feel that.

No one could really blame Urban Meyer a year ago if he looked at the scoreboard after his first quarter as Ohio State head coach and wondered have I gotten myself into?

The Buckeyes were down to Miami University the MidAmerican Conference team 70 after the first quarter in Meyer debut. The offense looked unprepared. Meyer, at times, looked like an unmade bed on the sidelines. Fans watched in a stupor.

should have been worse, could have been worse, Meyer said, jaws clenched as he thought back to last year season opener. Buffalo www.footballbroncosprostore.com/broncos-champ-bailey-jersey-c-12.html heads to Ohio Stadium, and the Bulls spent last season in MAC mediocrity like Miami did.

There are much higher expectations for Meyer second year.

While Meyer won his opener he has never lost a season opener in 11 games he wasn pleased with his team performance.

What would put Meyer in a better mood this year after the first four quarters?

want us to play well. I want us to play clean, Meyer said. I just didn think, really, up until about the third or fourth game (last year) that we acted clean. Fundamentally, we were 120 and some really great things happened, some incredible leadership, motivation and a team that got really, really close. That is the most important thing.

secondmost important part is just blocking, tackling and being in great football position. I hoping that we leave that field Saturday with a win, but you feel good about the fundamentals of your football team. If you do that, that a real positive. We didn start that way. It took us a while last year.

Ohio State is a 36point favorite against Buffalo, which finished 48 last year. The Bulls return every skilled player on offense, and linebacker Khalil Mack is a potential firstround NFL draft pick.

So while fans and national media have jumped on Ohio State bandwagon and practically driven it to Pasadena already, Meyer isn buying a ticket just yet.

of all, we Knowshon Moreno Women's Jersey not that good yet, Meyer said. tell you if I believe we are, and we not. We have a long way to go, especially in certain areas. So I don feel that.

The position that is of the biggest concern to Meyer is linebacker. Ryan Shazier is back, but Curtis Grant is starting in the middle and sophomore Joshua Perry takes over at the strongside linebacker. Shazier is the only returning starter in the front seven.

Meyer offense should resemble www.footballbroncosprostore.com more of the spread offense that fans wanted to see all of last season. Buffalo is replacing starters on that side of the ball as well. The Buckeyes do have an offensive line that has a combined 80 starts between them. Quarterback Braxton Miller is supposed to be a better passer and is a leading Heisman Trophy candidate.

Ohio State is deep at running back, even without projected starter Carlos Hyde, suspended for the first three games. Meyer will give Jordan Hall the first opportunity there, then it will be GlenOak graduate Bri Dunn and Warren Ball after that. Expect freshmen Ezekiel Elliott and Dontre Wilson to have a chance to show what they can do as well.

hoping my team comes out fast and is not looking past the team we play, wide receiver Corey Brown said. hoping we have a great respect for this team and look at them like any other team we play.

Brown admitted that was part of the problem in the opener last year. The Buckeyes took Miami for granted.

gonna try to put up as many points as possible, Brown said. watched Buffalo on film. They not a bad team. They a good team on film, from what we seen. You can tell they well coached.

Buffalo head coach Jeff Quinn, whose school will get $1 million for playing the Buckeyes, said his team has to play like it already has had five games. To have a chance, Buffalo has to be in midseason form and Ohio State stuck in preseason form.

http://friendsmaker.dk/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=7866
http://facemlm.com/index.php?do=/forum/thread/1445/lingerie-football-in-philly/
http://www.koolred.com/blog/view/5379145215/3291724082

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us