Login - Become a member

Eagles make big splash

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Eagles make big splash

Eagles make big splash 
By gfhjh001 on Nov 28, 2013 05:29 AM
Eagles make big splash

million extension through the 2011 season after the trade of McNabbwas named the starter on Sept. 21, regulating Kolb to backup dutiesJackson not showing up for camp on time and becoming a holdout was a big story, but for the first time since the Eagles got back to work, it wasn't the only big story.

The Eagles traded former starter Kevin Kolb to the Arizona Cardinals. In return, the Eagles acquired cornerback Dominique RodgersCromartie and a secondround pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

To fill Kolb's spot the Eagles landed former Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young to be their backup. According to reports that surfaced after most everyone went to bed, the Eagles will ink Young to a oneyeardeal today. He'll team with Michael Vick to produce a solid 12 punch.

Although it wasn't confirmed by the Birds, the Eagles agreed to terms with another former Titan, defensive end Jason Babin. Babin played for the Eagles in 2009 and didn't impress, but he moved on to the Tennessee Titans last season and defensive line coach Jim Washburn helped transform him into a Pro Bowler, getting 12 sacks.

Eagles head coach Andy Reid and general manager Howie Roseman didn't want to talk about Babin, at least until today when the free agency period officially begins. And they muttered the same old lines about the Jackson situation. But they were more than glad to talk up Kolb and their new corner.

"Listen, I won't tell you I won't miss (Kevin) as a person and as a player, but I think he's very well deserving of this opportunity,'' Reid said. "He goes to a great head coach (Ken Whisenhunt), who has a great offensive mind and he's got a couple of pretty good wide receivers over there. One in particular (Larry Fitzgerald) is one of the best in the business. He's in a good position there with good players. I know he will do a great job and I'm pulling for him.''

Kolb was drafted in the second round of the 2007 draft and was thought to be the future QB of the Eagles. That was before he suffered a concussion on opening day last year and Michael Vick came in to replace him. That all but ended the Kolb era in Philly.

According to reports, Kolb will get a 5year, $63 million contract with the Cards, with $20 million of that guaranteed. Obviously, with so many QBs off the market, Ben Roethlisberger Women's Jersey the Cards were desperate for a signal caller who can actually throw a pass. They haven't really had one since Kurt Warner retired.

"We think the world of Kevin Kolb,'' Roseman said. "This is really a winwin situation for both teams. For Arizona for getting Kevin Kolb, who is going to be a heck of a quarterback. We feel very strongly about Kevin Kolb, (but) this was a great opportunity for both Brett Keisel Women's Jersey sides to improve their teams.''

The Cardinals are taking www.steelersfootballprostore.com/steelers-cameron-heyward-jersey-c-37.html a chance on Kolb, but it's a chance they have to take. Kolb is only 34 as a starter and has thrown seven touchdowns and seven interceptions, but he's widely considered one of the best upandcoming QBs in the league.

"I think his hard work is rewarded for him (now), having the position he's in and then rewarding this football team, by leaving, we'll at least get firstround compensation and a secondround pick,'' Reid said. "Obviously, Dominique is a firstround caliber corner and then you get a secondround pick. That tells you other people thought he was a good football player. That's a tribute to Kevin on how hard he's worked and when he's gotten opportunities, how good he's done.''

As for RodgersCromartie, he's young and talented and, at 6foot2, 183 pounds, has good size. He's not a great tackler and only has 13 career interceptions, but has returned four for touchdowns. He made the 2009 Pro Bowl team. He plays the position very well and, with Asante Samuel on the other side, gives the Eagles one of the best cornerback tandems in the NFL.

Getting another corner was one of the Eagles' biggest priorities. They ranked 28th in the league overall in passing touchdowns allowed last season with a franchiserecord 31 given up.

"It sure will be nice to have both the them (RodgersCromartie and Samuel) in the lineup and playing,'' Reid said. "That's a nice little group of corners. This will be his (RodgersCromartie's) first opportunity to play on the right side in the NFL. But I think he'll be fine there.''

http://bezh.com/index.php?do=/forum/thread/1085/decoding-bill-stewart-wvu-sports-with-mike-casazza/
http://www.guarde.info/index.php?do=/blog/337635/innovative-massage-therapist/
http://everythingelko.net/profiles/blogs/logan-mankins-nfl-jersey

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us