Login - Become a member

probably go off

Forums home -> General Discussion -> probably go off

probably go off 
By jayscu2 on Nov 13, 2013 03:30 AM
2011 Mock Draft Version 1

AFC West Offseason Review/Draft PreviewThe draft is now only 4 weeks away and a lot of things are clearer at this point. With no end in sight to the lockout, this will be the first draft that hasn been preceded by a period of free agency. Todd McCshay made an interesting point on this front; now that teams haven been able to fill needs via this route, maybe we see more teams go best player available and not just to fill a need. Regardless, here is my take on how the first 32 picks will turn out.

1: Carolina Panthers :Cam Newton: QB, AuburnThe more I read the more I firmly believe that the Panthers will take a huge gamble and select Newton onApril 28. OwnerJerry Richardsonwill see the controversial signal caller as a big ticket item that will bring fans into the stadium. The jury is still out on Jimmy Clausen, and while he was terrible last season, I think that it very unfair to judge a qb, muchless a rookie, on a year work with that pisspoor supporting cast. Nonetheless,Newton unlimited upside is undeniable, but I think that his lack of maturity and off the field issuesmake him a huge bust canidate. Rumor has it that aside from Newton the Panthers like AJ Green and Patrick Peterson, so those would be my choices if they pass on Newton.

2. Denver Broncos: MarcelDareus: DT, Alabama: The Broncos are switching back to a 43 under John Fox and Dareus could be the anchor of a 43 defense for years to come. While lacking Fairley pass rushing ability, Dareus is versatle, hard working and a much safer pick. I still believe that Patrick Peterson is a great option for any team, and DE Richard Quinn is sky rocketing up draft boards with the amazing private workout he put on for scouts. Aaron Maybinis in danger of being cut and is looking like a bona fidebust as a top 15 pick, Paul Posluzny can stay on the field, and Kyle Williams is about the only bright spot along the front 7. Miller is opening eyes in Mobile and all signs point toward him being a top 5 pick. He can be the pass rush force that the Bills really need.

Cincinnatti Bengals: Bjoern Werner Black Jersey AJ Green, WR: Georgia

The TOChoexperiment seems to be over, and the Bengals need to restock the cupboard. Jerome Simpson showed some serious promise and they also have talent with Andre Caldwell and Jordan Shipley, but AJ Green is a prospect in the mould of Andre/Calvin Johnson. They could also use help along both D and O lines, and at Qb, but I don see value here. I think Green is the pick if he available.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Richard Quinn, DE/OLB, UNC . The Cardinals defense was atrocious last year and they need to bring in a pass rusher. Quinn was suspended for the entire 2010 season, so there are certainly some red flags but his talent is undeniable. They have no talent at outside linebacker and no one that can get to the passer. Other possiblities here are Blaine Gabbert and Patrick Peterson

Cleveland Browns:Nick Fairley: DT,Auburn Fairley is an immense talent but is your classic or bust pick at the defensive tackle position. He got some mild character concerns, takes some plays off and was somewhat of a one year wonder but the immense upside and pass rushing ability are undeniable. As the Browns transition to the 43 defenese he can be the gap penetrating force in the middle that all good 43 defenses need. Juilo Jones and Patrick Peterson are also possibilities.

7. San Francisco 49 Peterson: CB, LSU this would have to be a dream scenario for 49 brass and fans alike. The 49 really need help in the backend of their defense Bjoern Werner Jersey so this is an ideal fit for them. QB is a glaring need, some Blaine Gabbert isa strong possiblity as well, but I thinkthey would be wise to go with the Tiger here.

8. Tennessee Titans: Blaine Gabbert: QB, Mizzou I really not a big fan of Gabbert by any stretch but the Titans need help at the QB position bad. Kerry Collins is a dinasour andVY has played his last day in a Titans uniform. Gabbert has physical tools and upside and if the Titans bringin a veteran they can easeGabbert into the role. Nike Bjoern Werner Jersey The Titans could use another pass rusher so Aldon Smithis a possiblity.

9. Dallas Cowboys: Prince Amukamara: CB, Nebraska The Cowboys secondary was sub par last season and they could certainly use another playmaker back in the defense. While safety is a much bigger need, Amukamara will help the defense tremendously. I think they may try hard to trade out of the spot, but if not they could also take an offensive lineman or JJ Watt from Wisconsin.

10. Washington Redskins:Julio Jones: WR, AlabamaThe Redskins are a mess yet again, as their defense is terrible and Donovan Mcnabb experiment failed big time. They are also devoid of talent at WR, as Santana Moss is a free agent and Malcom Kelly is a bust. Jones would be a great fit as he would be groomed to be the 1 WR of the future. They also really need help on the defensive line so don rule out Muhammad Wilkerson. Watt is yourclassic 3 technique, and he is strong powerful andathletic. The Texans also need some help in the secondary and along the offensive line.

12. Minnesota Vikings: Da Bowers, DE: ClemsonThe news about Bowers knee is very bad, and if he has to get microfracture surgery he undoubtedly plummet further. Given hisinjury i very uncertain with this pick. QB and another, safer defensive end are strong possiblities.

13. Detroit Lions: Antony Costonzo, OT: Boston College

There nothing that I feel more passionate about in the 2011 draftthan the fact that the Lions MUST draft an offensive tackle or a defensive back with their first round pick. The Lions have progressed the past couple of years and I love the direction that the franchise is going in, but they need to protect Stafford and figure out how to stop opposing passing attacks. The value at defensive back just isn here at 13, and Costonzocan be the heir apparent to Jeff Backus. Linebacker and defensiveend are also possibilities.

14. St. Louis Rams: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois The Rams made strides but still have a roster that is very thin on talent. They have their bookend tackles in Jason Smith and Safford now theyneed weapons forSam the Ram. With Jones off the boardthey to improve their defense that needs help up the middle. Liuget is a beast and would instantly help improve their run defense. CB, WR and OLB are alsooptions.

15. Miami Dolphins: Mike Pouncey:OG/C, Florida TheDolphins regressed in 2010 and a lot of it had to do with their inability to establish a ground game. They need to improve the interior of their line and Pouncey would certainly do that. He provides versatility and while he not the prospect his brother was he be an instant upgrade. QB and RB are alsooptions.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jimmy Smith, CB: ColoradoThe Jags made some serious strides in 2010 on both offense and defense. Laughed at by many of draft day, last year first round pick Tyson Alualu had a very nice rookie season. The Jags have little talent in the secondary outside of Rasheen Mathis, and while safety is a far more pressing need the value isn there at 16. Smith has some off the field red flags and is known to take plays off, but the size speed combo is about as good as you could ask. A defensive end and even running back are possibilities here.

17. New England Patriots (from Oak):Nate Solder, OT: Colorado I said it time and time again,its a rarity that anyone can ever predict New Englands pick correctly. They most likely trade down, but if they don I think they be wise to go offensive tackle. Pairing him with Volmer would give the Pats bookend tackles for the next 8 years.

18. San Diego Chargers:Tyron Smith, OT: USC It amazing how wellRivers played with their subpar offensive line. Marcus McNeal sat out a good portion of the year because of a contract dispute and the rest of the line was mediocre atbest. Smith is raw but also very, very athletic. The Chargers could also use some help on their defensive line and a WR is also not out of the realm of possiblity.

19. New York Giants: Aldon Smith, DE: MissouriDefensive end is far from a need for the Giants, but I believe that top to bottom they have enough talent on the roster to go best player available. Smith is similar to Jason Pierre Paul in that he is somewhat raw but has HUGE upside. Kiwanuka has been injury prone and contract is expired and Osi is nearing the end of his contract as well. Jerry Reese has shown time and time again that there is no such thing as too many defensive lineman. Other areas of need are linebacker, cornerback and offensive guard.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Adrian Clayborn, DE: IowaThe Bucs made the most impressive turnaround of any team in 2010. With 10 rookies starting, they won 10 games and nearly made the playoffs. Clayborn has some health and durability issues but he is a very solid defensive end ina 43 scheme. The Bucs also need help in the secondary, especially with Aqib Talib recent legal transgressions, so Brandon Harris is an option here.

21. Kansas City Chiefs: Gabe Carmini, OT: Wisconsin The Chiefs are another team that improved markedly in 2010. Matt Cassel had a breakout year and they proved they have one of the best young running backs in the game in Jamaal Charles. Now, it time to improve the line that blocks for both these young stars. Carmini www.shopcoltsnfljerseys.com/Black+Bjoern+Werner+Jersey can immediately step in at right tackle and upgrade their line. Outside linebacker and receiver are other options, butI just don see the value at this point.

22. Indianapolis Colts:Brandon Harris, CB: MiamiThe Colts haveholeson many parts of their roster; their offensive line is porous, their defensive is soft and their back end is susceptible to getting shreaded. Harris isn an elite talent but he would be a starter from day one on that defense. The Colts should probably go offensive line, but if the draft unfolds this way I don see the value available at this spot.

http://boctis.gr/date/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=95454
http://yahoofriendsbook.com/community/index.php?do=/blog/2543/arndrmamas/
http://jayscu2.myhq.com/links/cat/5

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us