Login - Become a member

techniques to reverse hair loss i

Forums home -> General Discussion -> techniques to reverse hair loss i

By acantha on Nov 12, 2013 08:41 AM

She spotted a notice for a talk by a dermatologist who specialized in hair transplants for men and women. Laurie skipped the lecture and headed straight for a consult. "Getting a hair transplant had never occurred to me. I didn't even know a woman could have one." Not that a hair lace front wigs human hair transplant seemed like a desirable thing -- all the men she'd ever seen with them looked "so, well, pluggy."

No More "Pluggy" Look

Gone are the days when a hair transplant made a middle-aged scalp look like a field of newly planted corn. New technology and improved surgical techniques are transforming the glueless lace wigs hair transplant industry.

"Large grafting procedures that gave transplants their plug-like appearance are a thing of the past," says Michael Reed, MD, who has been performing hair transplants at New York University Medical Center's hair clinic since the early 1970s.

The new methods allow for more hairs in each skin graft to be placed between existing hairs, promoting greater hair full lace human hair wigs density, says Reed. At the same time, more precise instrumentation permits surgeons to work faster with less worry about tissue injury. This has turned hair transplants -- one of the most tedious and labor-intensive of cosmetic surgery procedures -- into minor day surgery. A typical session, or "megasession" (as dermatological surgeons call it), lasts two to three hours. Other techniques to reverse hair loss include laser surgery, scalp reduction, and scalp expansion and extension.
http://www.lacewigsbuy.co.uk/article-278-how-to-do-wtih-dry-hair-.html

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us