Login - Become a member

Comments for Code and Football

Forums home -> Post 3D Art -> Comments for Code and Football

By earjerseyqq107 on Nov 12, 2013 01:38 AM

Comment on Jones and Wilkinson: the myth of the true 34 by foodnearsnellvilleSat, 17 Aug 2013 18:27:16 +0000You can date the first use of the (splitt) option. It was in the game MissouriOhio State, and Paul Brown (in his first game as a college head coach) was the victim of Don Faurot innovation. Ohio State won, but with great difficulty. The splitt option dates to 1941.

Pop Ivy, a great player for Oklahoma and later an Oklahoma assistant, dates the Oklahoma to 1949. So there is an eight year span of time between the appearance of the option and the Oklahoma.

So, it not a concurrent thing, the Oklahoma is a reaction, and one that appears after the 52 Eagle.

I recently rewrote the current article in the Wikipedia on the 52 and I go through the history of the 52 Eagle and the 52 Oklahoma as I best know it there.

The earliest video I found of a Wilkinson Oklahoma is of the 1952 Notre DameOklahoma series, but I Nick Fairley Jersey Ebay not tried to look exhaustively. You can clearly see a flexed nose tackle in that video, www.shoplionsnfljerseys.com/Black+Nick+Fairley+Jersey and two linebackers moving into the line and as far as a couple yards from it.

Comment on Jones and Wilkinson: the myth of the true 34 by foodnearsnellvilleSat, 17 Aug 2013 15:53:56 +0000photo of that exact page of his book is included in my Homer Smith article. The Oklahoma by itself did not end it, but it was better versus the SplitT than the 62 defenses of the time. The thing that eliminated the SplitT was the rotating secondary, such as the four spoke and five spoke contain theories of Jones and Wilkinson.]]>You don need to speculate on the Oklahoma and its effect on the option run. Homer Smith did an analysis of that and a photo of that exact page of his book is included in my Homer Smith article. The Oklahoma by itself did not end it, but it was better versus the SplitT than the 62 defenses of the time. The thing that eliminated the SplitT was the rotating secondary, such as the four spoke and five spoke contain theories of Jones and Wilkinson.

Comment on Jones and Wilkinson: the myth of the true 34 by foodnearsnellvilleFri, 16 Aug 2013 21:42:05 +0000Well, two gapping is as old as the man so strong he tosses the lineman Nick Fairley Jersey in front of him out of the way. The question is, when was it Nick Fairley Black Jersey coached as a systematic technique? The first I know is the 52 Oklahoma and the nose guard. As we note, the nose guard is flexed, and Homer Smith credits the Oklahoma with being the genesis of the flexed lineman. another first for this defense.

Having said that, www.shoplionsnfljerseys.com the phrase Nike Nick Fairley Jersey gap is much newer than two gapping assignments. Wilkinson would say that you should never be blocked either way. Other defenses around that time ( pre1955, the 62, the 533) had a notion of gap assignments, but they generally fall into the one gap category.

http://www.moje-rodina.cz/blog/earjerseyqq107/the-voice-of-chicago-journalism
http://www.durhamcommunity.ca/profiles/blogs/current-temperatures-for-washington-d
http://earjerseyqq102.tapachulaenlinea.com/2013/11/08/burning-down-the-house/

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us