Login - Become a member

Chris Hermann

Forums home -> News -> Chris Hermann

Chris Hermann 
By earjerseyqq106 on Nov 07, 2013 06:58 AM
Chris Hermann

I really am excited about the new format and hope that it goes well. I'll be able to mention more later about the specifics, but I can now say that both Denard Span and Baseball Daily Digest's Joe Ziggy Ansah Black Jersey Hamrahi have confirmed that they will be guests on the show. Be sure to check back right here for a link to Ziggy Ansah Jersey Ebay the podcast itself. It will be posted right around 9:00. I will also be setting up a chat room for you to talk Twins and ask questions. There will be time at the end to take your questions and comments. There is even a tollfree phone number which is new, so anyone can call! It should be a fun show. I'll head to the studio a little early to make sure we've got everything set up.

Today, we continue to look at the Twins Minor League draft held last week. Roger Dehring, Josh Johnson, Travis Aune and myself conducted a 22 round mock draft, just to see how it might turn out. The specifics of the draft can be found in yesterday's blog posting in which I showed our first eight rounds of picks. Today, I will post our selections for rounds 9 through 16 before finishing the draft on Friday. So, here we go:

Round 9 33rd Overall Roger 3B Wander Guillen

(I may have overreached with the selection of my third baseman, Wander Guillen, who wasleading the DSL Twins in hitting and OBP at the age of 16!)

Round 9 34th Overall Seth OF Oswaldo Arcia

(Had thought of taking him with my previous pick (or Wander Guillen, just to make Roger mad), Ziggy Ansah Jersey but Arcia is another guy with five tools.)

Round 9 35th Overall Josh RHP Shooter Hunt

(As I said, I knew I needed to take a highupside guy at some point and Hunt is just that. I originally wanted to take Oswaldo Arcia to fill out my outfield, but Seth took him with the pick before. Hunt may have the best out of any Twins farmhand and is thus a potential topoftherotation starter, which is just what this staff needs. If he can regain any of sense of control, Hunt shouldn have a problem at becoming this staff ace.)

Round 9 Nike Ziggy Ansah Jersey 36th Overall Travis RHP Liam Hendriks

(I am very excited about the potential Liam has as he can be www.shoplionsnfljerseys.com/Black+Ziggy+Ansah+Jersey dominant. He is very similar to Tom Stuifbergen except that I think Hendricks has the potential to be better. I look for him to get better and better the farther we get away from his arm injury of a couple years ago.) (Seth Note Hendriks missed the 2008 season, but it was not with an arm injury. He had some surgery on his spine.)

Round 10 37th Overall Travis 3B Deibinson Romero

(My interest in him is well documented as I used to always have him in my top 10's and he has struggled with injuries and ineffectiveness. I am curious how many chances the Twins are going to give to him because the potential is there to be very good.)

Round 10 38th Overall Josh SS Jorge Polanco

(Something that is worth noting about this process is that I'm not necessarily sticking to my Top 50 Prospect list. With the 38th Overall pick, I chose someone who didn't even make my original Top 50. But since I'm making my team and I have to look at different aspects, Jorge Polanco (and others) have been taken higher than where they'd rank on my Top 50 List, which is kind of interesting to note. I wanted to have a defensivelygifted shortstop and I thought Polanco would be gone by my next pick, so I wanted to strike early. I also considered to wait a round or two and take Estarlin De Los Santos, but I am taking the risk on Polanco. Besides being defensivelygifted at a premium position, I also like that he's viewed as a 2 hitter and incase I can't grab someone who can handle the bat later (such as Brian Dinkelman), I want someone to bat near the top that possess good onbase skills and reports suggest that he has that potential. With this pick, I also considered Matt Bashore, who would have filled out my rotation.)

Round 10 39th Overall Seth RHP Rob Delaney

(He just has had such an amazing track record of success in his minor league career. He close to the big league club.)

Round 10 40th Overall Roger www.shoplionsnfljerseys.com RHP Cesar Ciurcina

(I went back to the DSL with my tenth pick to close out my starting rotation with Cesar Ciurcina. Although he is a bit older, Ciurcina had numbers similar last summer to those put up by Salcedo the previous year. Is he good enough defensively to earn a spot with theTwins in the next 16 months?)

Round 11 42nd Overall Seth LHP Matt Bashore

(I really want to grab a SS (probably Beresford), but Bashore, if healthy, was a top pick, and he's lefthanded.)

Round 11 43rd Overall Josh RHP Michael Tonkin

(Out of all of the rounds, this one has stung the most. Both Roger and Seth consecutively stole my picks (Brian Dinkelman and then Matt Bashore), but thankfully there were still highupside pitchers (like Michael Tonkin) available. Tonkin has projectable size and should add velocity as he matures. I really feel comfortable with my rotation after adding Tonkin. Hopefully I can get to the same point with my lineup, because I'm concerned about what's left and what I still need.)

Round 11 44th Overall Travis OF Evan Bigley

(The sky is the limit for Bigley who hit the cover off the ball in Etown and then again in Beloit. That led to a promotion to Fort Myers where he struggled a bit. I look for a big year this year from Evan as I look for him to dominate the FSL and will be in New Britain before the end of the year.)

Round 12 45th Overall Travis LHP Joe Testa

(This is a guy that just splashed across the scene in 2009 and turned many heads. He changed the feeling of many that he was just another relief pitcher and convinced many that this is a guy that is worth keeping track of myself included. I look for his career to continue to skyrocket after his monster 2009 season.)

http://www.wizedate.com/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=27038
http://khmerfuture.com/index.php?do=/blog/119513/brewer-039-s-birthday-cards-to-new-parents-urge-shots/
http://fotokartka.com/bbpress/topic.php?id=277408&replies=1#post-289813

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us