Login - Become a member

Cardinals come up with soaring performance

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Cardinals come up with soaring performance

Cardinals come up with soaring performance 
By srsgf001 on Nov 06, 2013 01:21 AM
Cardinals come up with soaring performance Whitney Mercilus Black Jersey

The oncediscarded Warner was steady in a 3313 rout of the Panthers on Saturday night, throwing two touchdown passes, while Delhomme threw five interceptions and lost a fumble.

The target of jokes for years with their history of ineptitude, the Cardinals became the last NFC team to reach the conference championship since the 1970 merger with a victory few saw coming.

Entering as a 9 1/2point underdog and ridiculed for their 05 record in the Eastern time zone this season, Arizona (117) raced to a 277 halftime lead and cruised past the mistakeprone Panthers shoptexansnfljerseys.com/Black+Ed+Reed+Jersey (125), who were the league's only unbeaten team at home in the regular season.

"It's a group of guys that put their mind to going out and playing great football," Warner said. "Everybody that needed to step up, stepped up. Everybody that needed to make a play, made a play and that's what it's all about."

They got plenty of help from Delhomme, who turned in a brutal performance on his 34th birthday. Just one shy of the NFL playoff record for interceptions, Delhomme became the first player to have five picks in the playoffs since Oakland's Rich Gannon in the 2003 Super Bowl against Tampa Bay.

He completed Ed Reed Jersey only 17 of 34 passes for 205 yards and one touchdown. His woes made Steve Smith a nonfactor. The Pro Bowl receiver didn't have his first catch until the final minute of the third quarter.

"I'm at a loss for words," Delhomme said. "Usually I'm not. For one reason or another, I didn't give us a chance tonight."

Smith caught a meaningless 8yard touchdown pass from Delhomme with 50 seconds left, when the Cardinals had already begun looking forward to either visiting the New York Giants or hosting Philadelphia on Jan. 18.

"I'm putting on my Philly hat right now," said Larry Fitzgerald, who had eight catches for 166 yards. "We would love to have a home game."

Arizona had been embarrassed when it ventured far from home, but the closest it came was a 2723 loss here in October when the Cardinals blew a twotouchdown lead.

There would be no suspense this time.

While Pro Bowl receiver Anquan Boldin (hamstring) sat out, Fitzgerald more than made up for the loss. The 6foot3 receiver set a team playoffrecord for yards receiving while shredding the Panthers' leaky secondary.

The Cardinals' defense stopped Carolina's potent running game, too. A week after shutting down Atlanta's Michael Turner, DeAngelo Williams was held to 63 yards in a crushing loss for the Panthers, the No. 2 seed in the NFC who had visions of reaching their third NFC title game in six years.

Instead, Warner stole shoptexansnfljerseys.com the stage.

A decade after his storybook MVP season in winning the Super Bowl with St. Louis a year after he was teammates with Delhomme in NFL Europe, the 37yearold Warner has another team on the brink of a most unlikely title.

And it was a stunningly ugly performance by Delhomme.

Entering with a 52 postseason record, Delhomme's 95.0 playoff passer rating coming in was www.shoptexansnfljerseys.com/Black+Whitney+Mercilus+Jersey better than any other quarterback in this season's playoffs.

But Delhomme threw two interceptions and lost a fumble in the first half, making poor reads, holding the ball too long and giving the Cardinals great field position.

http://www.ganbingzixun.com/bbs/dispbbs.asp?boardid=12&id=3383&page=1&star=1
http://duncan15.1100565.n5.nabble.com/Warren-Moon-Black-td62.html
http://duncan33.wixblog.com/

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us