Login - Become a member

Can Mike Bell catch the football

Forums home -> Post 3D Art -> Can Mike Bell catch the football

By yuggjery on Nov 05, 2013 05:33 AM

So when I asked him last week what he thinks about Eagles running backs being expected to perform in the passing game, I expected Bell to talk about how he was just trying to learn the offense and pick up the receiving aspect of his job.

"I love it," Bell said. "It's what I've been wanting to do since I've been in the NFL, and I haven't really had the opportunity. Just because when I was in Denver, it was run left, run right, bootleg. And when I was in New Orleans, you got a guy like Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas who are receivers that obviously can play great at running back, so they don't need a guy like me that's 225plus running routes. Here I slimmed down back to my college weight, back under 220, so now I feel like I'm a little fresh and quick so I can run those routes now too."

But at least Bell would admit that it's challenging to learn that aspect of the offense in his first season here, right?

"I wasn't really focused in on it when I was at other places because I didn't have to do it," he said. "But now that I'm focused in on it, and going home and studying it, it's almost like a video game to me. I enjoy doing it and understanding the concept of the game."

Catching the football and picking up the blitz. Two skills that Brian Westbrook performed as well as any running back in the league when he was in his prime.

And two skills that Bell and LeSean McCoy will have to perfect to be effective in this offense.

Speaking of McCoy, I mentioned last week that he is pretty much the elder statesman among the running backs, despite being just 21 years old and in his second season. The Eagles have nine running backs/fullbacks on their current roster:

McCoy www.officialjetsfanshop.com (21)

Charles Scott (21)

Keithon Flemming (23)

Chris Zardas (23)

Eldra Buckley www.officialjetsfanshop.com/Black+Nick+Folk+Jersey (24)

Martell Mallett (24)

Bell (27)

Leonard Weaver (27)

Dwayne Wright (27)

The only one younger than McCoy is the rookie out of LSU, Scott. But McCoy has more experience in the system Nike Nick Folk Jersey than any of the other RBs

Last year, he had someone in his ear after every rep.

This year, McCoy's the one dishing out advice.

"Oh, definitely. He's helping me out," Bell said of McCoy. "He's 21, 22 years old but he's a pro. You guys should expect a lot of big things out of him. He worked hard in the offseason. I'm probably going to steal a couple of his moves because he's the man. I like watching him run. And if I can incorporate some of what he's got into my game, as a team, we're going to be a force to be reckon with."

Become a fan of Moving the Chains on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.

Man, I am SO done with this contingent of Birds. I'm a lifelong fan, but you get rid of and disrespect and trash a future hall of fame QB, yet you keep that loser Andy Reid! He of the "I'm smarter than everybody else" ego! He with the clock management skills of Rich Kotite. He of the "we don't need a real punt returner" decision. He who refuses to acknowledge that a run first or at least mixing the run with the pass, is the way to control the clock, keep the other team's offense off the field and win in the NFL!! He who REFUSES to get a true stud DE opposite Trent Cole!! WHAT an arrogant, fat idiot he is!! With the Phillies and Flyers' chamoionship runs, the knowledgeable Philly fan recognizes that those teams HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN. The Birds under Andy Reid will NEVER WIN ANYTHING. And Kolb is going to suck anyway all you haters. 511. I will NOT be watching til Nick Folk Jersey Ebay they get rid of FF Andy Reid!!!

5NOT4 Andy knows talent which is why he drafted Keivn Kolb in the 2nd round after trading out of the 1st round when this team needed weapons. Kolb was such a GodSend that he instantly upgrades every position just from his leadership alone. Andy is also savvy when Moss was on the market for only a 4th round pick and Andy waited until Moss broke every WR single season record and become a free agent then pushed the price up to keep the Patriots cap strung. In the end the Eagles made out with DJax who can catch anything over the middle and is money in the redzone not to mention the unguardable fade route that Kolb will place on target. When Jared Allen was available for a trade Andy stood pat as he knew that Allen and Cole would equal too many QB pressures and sacks and not enough run stuffing. Andy knew McNabb was a weak run blocker and had to pass 70% to compensate for McNabb lack of run blocking skills, which Kolb naturally possess. Best of all Andy loves to challenge players by taking them out of their comfort zone. Andy will turn Bell a natural 3 yards and a cloud of dust into the best pass catcher out of the backfield since Larry Centers. Andy knows what it takes to win and if he didn't have McNabb holding the franchise hostage for the past decade Andy would have won 58 Super Bowls.

Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts and Dan Marino are in the Hall, why couldn't or shouldn't McNabb with 5 NFC Championship Games played, not?

McNabb's stats compares, despite the liability at Receiver McNabb's had in Philly, Each listed to include Tarkenton, never won a championship and had outstanding ends in the route more often than not.

Andy has been right for the Eagles. I have to believe him. He says Kolb is ready. he'd better be. 88, nor will 97 be sufficient in my opinion.

http://hi5mingle.com/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=137435
http://chemmsu97.ru/?p=162291
http://forum.ro2bot.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=17356&do=blog&id=80

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us