Login - Become a member

This past year has been so much more busy than

Forums home -> Job Offers -> This past year has been so much more busy than

This past year has been so much more busy than  
By earjerseyqq105 on Nov 01, 2013 03:39 AM
Brad Tippett

This past year has been so much more busy than ever before on so many fronts, so this year, I am still going to update my Top 50 list and do some of my other predraft blogs, they will just have to be a bit condensed. With that, today I will be posting my updated Top 50 Twins prospect list. I would love to hear your thoughts or comments on any of the rankings. You don't have to agree with me. So ask questions and present your Top 10, 20, 50 list for discussion too.

1 Kyle Gibson RHP New Britain Rockcats Prospect lists are a combination of potential with likelihood to reach potential. Gibson can be a top of the order, 2 type of pitcher, and there is a very good chance that it will happen.

2 Aaron Hicks OF Beloit Snappers Hicks has all of the tools, including the 6th tool (plate discipline). The Midwest League is not an easy place to play, but 2010 has been a very streaky season. His strong streak told us just how good he can be.

3 Miguel Sano SS DSL Twins All of the potential in the world, but still a long way to go. He wants to be up in the big leagues by 19. The Twins will be wise to note let that happen.

4 Wilson Ramos C Rochester Red Wings Strong spring training. Horrible start at Rochester. Seven hits in his first two big league games. Reality set in. Ramos is immensely talented, both offensively and potentially defensively when he puts in the effort. Will be interesting to see if he's still with the organization in August.

5 Adrian Salcedo RHP Ft. Myers Miracle 19 years old. Throws hard. Working on the breaking pitches, but he has been impressive in his short stint at Ft. Myers so far, even though he should probably be waiting for the Elizabethton season. Very high ceiling.

6 Angel Morales OF Beloit Snappers It's been a disappointing 2010 so far for Morales. He hasn't hit for as much power, but the tools are all there. It would be nice for him to have a strong second half. He is one of the better base stealers in the organization.

7 Joe Benson OF Ft. Myers Miracle Speaking of all the tools, Benson's ability to hit for power and get on base very well have him high on this list. The ability to put the ball in play seems www.nflofficialsaints.com/Black+Garrett+Hartley+Jersey to be the one thing that he needs to improve most, which is likely why he is back in Ft. Myers.

8 Davis Bromberg RHP New Britain Rockcats It's been an up and down season for Bromberg, but he has four or five pitches, and he's quite young. He also has great confidence and will work through any struggles. I expect that he will have a strong second half.

9 Ben Revere OF New Britain Rockcats Comparing Revere to Hicks, Morales and Benson isn't really fair. The other three are all much better and have much higher potential in terms of power and defense and arm. But Revere is a great singles hitter with tremendous speed and his base stealing has continued to improve. His likelihood to be a solid big league player is higher than the other three OF prospects.

10 Danny Valencia 3B Minnesota Twins Valencia is currently with the Twins with Michael Cuddyer out. Everywhere he has played, he has hit for average. He has never hit below .282. He doesn't like to walk too much, but an IsoD of over .050 is at least adequate. He is yet to homer this year, but his minor league track record indicates that he can hit for some power. And his defense has continued to improve.

11 Deolis Guerra RHP Rochester Red Wings Is he ready for AAA? Probably not. But he's holding his own and continues to learn. Best changeup in the organization, and his incredible improved control is very impressive.

12 Alex Burnett RHP Minnesota Twins Burnett was a surprise when he made the team out of spring training, but he has proven that he is ready and has pitched very well for the Twins. He always had good control, even as a starter. He throws hard and has three very good pitches. He's still young, but he is a guy who could be a future Nike Garrett Hartley Jersey closer.

13 Trevor Plouffe SS Rochester Red Wings Plouffe has seemingly put things together in 2010, and it's hard to believe that he is still just 23 years old. He has the ability to be an everyday Major League shortstop, which alone should probably move him even higher up this list.

14 Liam Hendriks RHP Ft. Myers Miracle I don't know if Hendriks' terrific start this season is a surprise, but it certainly has been noticed. He was the organization's pitcher of the month in April which earned him an early promotion to Ft. Myers where he has continued to be very good. His stuff is very good, and he understands how to get hitters out.

15 BJ Hermsen RHP Beloit Snappers Hermsen Garrett Hartley Jersey started the year at EST, but when needed, he was promoted to Beloit. He has been good at times, and at other times shown that he might be best served by pitching at Etown. But he has good stuff, good size and very good control, and the Twins love that.

16 Carlos Gutierrez RHP New Britain Rockcats I still believe that Gutierrez will be a big league relief pitcher, and a very good one. It's important to remember that he is working www.nflofficialsaints.com on adding pitches while in AA. He gets a ton of ground balls. He throws 95 with sink. Just has to trust his stuff and he can dominate.

17 Rene Tosoni OF New Britain Rockcats How much has the shoulder injury hurt Tosoni in 2010? He is still hitting around .280, but to this point, the power hasn't shown up the way it did last year. Tosoni is very good, so this ranking doesn't feel right. I think he should be higher, but right now, today, I just can't do it.

18 Bruce Pugh RHP Ft. Myers Miracle Although he was called a sleeper this offseason, Pugh was also a very pleasant surprise this year until an elbow injury which has sidelined him for a few weeks already. Hopefully he will be alright because he throws hard and has a couple of improving secondary pitches that make him potentially dominant.

19 Jeff Manship RHP Rochester Red Wings Again, a guy who is the big league club's sixth start, and gave up two runs in six innings for the Twins shouldn't be ranked this low. Manship can pitch Garrett Hartley Black Jersey in the big leagues, although his time in AAA this year will be valuable as well. He can help the Twins already when needed, but he can still continue to get better.

20 Chris Parmelee 1B Ft. Myers Miracle Parmelee has a ton of potential as well, but he was overmatched in AA. Getting sent back to Ft. Myers was the best thing that could happen. He can now work on his game without being overwhelmed. The contact rate is always the question with Parmelee, but hopefully with the Miracle, he can regain his ability to take walks and to hit for power.

21 Max Kepler OF Extended Spring Training All the talent in the world, but it will be very interesting to see how Max Kepler is able to put it together. Very good speed. Solid already defensively. Needs work on the offensive part of the game. But he's just 17, and the Twins will be very patient with him. I'd expect him to spend two years with the GCL Twins before advancing.

22 Tom Stuifbergen RHP Beloit Snappers Hopefully his elbow issues and his upcoming MRI reveal nothing and that Stuifbergen can rest and come back strong soon. He is another guy who just knows how to get hitters out. He has very good stuff, but he knows how to pitch, and that's important too.

23 Blayne Weller RHP Extended Spring Training I'm surprised and curious as to why Weller has not been promoted from EST to a fullseason team, and yet, it is in his best interest to pitch for the Garrett Hartley Jersey Ebay ETwins this year. He's got good stuff and great control. Just a notch behind Hermsen.

24 Luke Hughes 2B Rochester Red Wings How cool was it to see Hughes hit a home run in his first at bat with the Twins? Again, this feels like a low ranking, and yet, as good as Hughes has shown he can be, he just keeps getting hurt and isn't able to sustain the success very long. If he could stay healthy, he can help the Twins, maybe as a pinch hitter. I also think he could compete for the starting 2B job next year.

25 Chris Herrmann C/OF Ft. Myers Miracle Herrmann has done a very good job adjusting to the catcher position. He's quick and has a strong arm. But he is also an excellent defensive left fielder. He is also a solid hitter. The Twins typically do not have players skip levels, but Herrmann was pushed from Elizabethton last year to Ft. Myers this year and hasn't been completely over his head. He's got a chance to be a solid allaround player.

26 Bobby Lanigan RHP Ft. Myers Miracle Gibson got all the notice, but Lanigan was even better in April. Unfortunately, he has only pitched once since then. He has a good fastball and a very good slider, so hopefully he can get back soon.

27 Steve Singleton 2B New Britain Rockcats Another guy who should be much higher on this list probably.

http://en.eidfaxi.is/events/2013/10/when-last-we-left-joe-banner-and-jeff-lurie
http://playerforge.de/earjerseyqq105/blog/11488/
http://earjerseyqq105.negarfa.com/post2.php

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us