Login - Become a member

MORE bold in trading

Forums home -> General Discussion -> MORE bold in trading

MORE bold in trading  
By lluggg376 on Oct 29, 2013 06:08 AM
Bob McGinn Tuesday chat transcript

Bob, most of this Defensive Line picks (Perry, Worthy, Daniels) http://www.billsofficialnflstore.com were projected to be drafted in a 43 scheme. Do you see any problem with them fitting in with the Pack's 34 scheme? How are they going to fit? Tim: Good morning to all. Let's take a whack at some of your many queries . More scouts than not did think Perry was better suited for a 43. Ditto for Worthy. Ditto for Daniels. It's a good overview of the situation. Perry will have to learn how to stand up as he moves from 43 DE to 34 OLB. Worthy will play DE and NT in a 34 after having played DT in a 43. And Daniels, a DT in a 43 at Iowa, will try to find a position in the base defense. Perry will face the biggest learning curve because he will be asked to stand up all the time. Even on third down the Packers have played Matthews and the other OLB on their feet. The Packers play a ton of nickel, almost 75% a year ago. And playing DT in nickel is what Worthy and Daniels do best.San Diego No RB drafted and the back up QB for Rodgers has never started an NFL game (much less played in one). Not sure if Grant resigns. I see two neglected areas in the draft that could be time bombs. What are you thoughts? Alex: They had a lot of needs. The only way they could have addressed them all is if Thompson hadn't traded up and had used the D4 and the D6 that he traded away. The two D7s that he shipped out would hardly have been any more valuable than the CFAs they signed, such as USC RB Marc Tyler. It's all about priorities. Thompson had a strong feeling for Worthy, Hayward and Manning and went up and got them. It was so out of character for him. He did that three times in seven drafts. They are far weaker at QB with Harrell/Coleman than Flynn. AT RB, they need Starks, Green or Saine to come on.Las Vegas, NV Your predraft report including different scouting comments on Robert Griffin III received considerable national media attention, particularily on ESPN. I thought they blatantly ignored the context of your report probably intentionally so they could sensationalize the comments. Did you resent this mistreatment of your report? Do you worry your sources might shy away from giving valuable and honest comments in these scouting reports you prepare? Derek: I think this was the first year that the position ratings portion of our NFL Draft Series was available without a fee. Thus, more people around the country were able to see it. There has always been strong comments on players, both positive and negative, on players, but so few people saw it beyond JS readers and former Packer Insider subscribers. It was ever thus. The people on TV and radio, and some in print, talk endlessly about these players yearround but apparently don't have the desire or the access to hardworking scouts. Some TV and radio people consider themselves as experts when most haven't scouted or coached a day in their life. I try to give our readers what the real football people are thinking about players knowing I am not a scout or coach, just an information gatherer. I do not worry about that. I have dealt with some of Nike Steve Johnson Jersey these scouts for years. They know they can trust me implicitly and that I'm not one to sensationalize stuff. congratulations on having the most accurate"top 100". since you dont see the Maine safety as likely to contribute in 2012 , and since Ted passed on higher rated players,how will this situation be upgraded Gene: In my predraft stuff, I asked 20 nationaloriented scouts to name the best safeties in the draft on a 1to5 basis. The voting was all over the board. A total of 19 different safeties got at least one vote. I cannot remember any position in such a poll question having such a vast disparity of opinion. Where did Jerron McMillian of Maine finish? He wasn't one of the 19 safeties selected. I don't know much about him. The only way it will be upgraded would be through better pass rush and better performance. Better rush makes everyone in the secondary look better. Morgan Burnett can become a more reliable player. At 29, Charlie Peprah probably is what he is. MD Jennings and Anthony Levine have really not been heard from. McCarthy has said he is high on both players. And the Packers obviously believe highly in McMillian and will expect him to be at least their No. 3 safety this season. Bob,I really enjoy your work. I think that it might be interesting to go back to the scout's comments on some of the current Packers when they entered the draft just to provide some context on their comments. Bill: At times over the years I have gone back to those scouts' comments on the GBP picks before the draft and reflected on what they said and what the player became. I understand readers love to make fun of scouts, both now and in hindsight. Football is game many men played at some level as boys, and because of that some think they know what a football looks like and could do the work of the scout with very little training. Readers love to seize upon mistakes made by scouts as ammunition for them being idiots. I get all that. And scouts do make a ton of mistakes. Just ask them. But they also hit it right far, far more than they're wrong. Every year, I am a bit overwhelmed talking to some personnel people and realizing the depth of their evaluation process. It is an inexact science dealing with the human element. It is exhausting work. And it is thankless work, too, because for those below the GMlevel their opinions sometimes hold little water. As readers, you're free to make of their remarks as you will. For some of you, you will remain convinced that you know as much as the scouts. That's the way it is. All I try to do is bring readers into conversations they normally would not be privy to. Some readers would prefer to listen to TV personalities, retired players and outofwork coaches and scouts give their opinions on draft players, as superficial as they sometimes might be. I'll just keep trying to bring JS readers into contact with men in the field whose livelihoods depend on their evaluations. Bob, awesome job covering the draft. The Titans are pretty much babysitting Janoris Jenkins. Every day he has to check in with the GM. Before drafting Jenkins they made him promise he would meet with a financial planner to iron out paternity issues. Is this common? If you can't trust a guy outside the football facility how do you justify paying him? Bill: Janoris Jenkins went to the http://www.billsofficialnflstore.com/Black+Steve+Johnson+Jersey Rams. But I did hear somewhere that the Rams new GM, Les Snead, intends to take a handson approach with the troubled Jenkins. Good luck. St. Louis gambled on character and intelligence perhaps as much as any team in the draft. Besides Jenkins, who has four kids with three women and three drug incidents, they took WR Quick and CB Trumaine Johnson. Many teams fretted about Quick's ability to grasp an NFL offense. And Johnson scared a lot of teams because of his past and how he carries himself. Bob: On each side of the center the positions for the Dlinemen are numbered, from 1 to 9. 0 is usually regarded as headup the center. A 5technique is generally said to be lined up on the outside shoulder of the tackle. A 3technique is generally said to be lined up on the outside shoulder of the guard. In the 43 defense, there is a 3technique DT and a 1technique DT, or NT. In the 34, the DEs are 5techniques (KC plays their DEs head up on the tackles so they're 4techniques) and the NT is a 0technique. Given the squad has Super Bowlcontenderlike talent, why is Ted Thompson not MORE bold in trading up to grab a Steve Johnson Jersey Ebay 10 through 19 1st round choice?

The topic the article
http://lluggg375.pblogs.gr/2013/10/tez-morris-and-william-f.html
http://getherme.com/index.php?do=/blog/25981/the-cash-will-likely/
http://facemlm.com/index.php?do=/event/143/edmonton-oilers-de/

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us