Login - Become a member

I always tell parent

Forums home -> Job Offers -> I always tell parent

I always tell parent 
By 520199cxl on Oct 17, 2013 04:01 AM
Oral Piercing Causes Long-Term Damage
"I always tell parents that they should try to encourage their kids to limit eating to breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snack times," says Steiner. "And drink water between meals. Most water systems in the U.S. have added fluoride. When we drink water, it helps by washing some acids out of our mouths and it also supplies fluoride, which protects against decay."
 Children should brush three times a day for two minutes and rinse with a fluoridated mouth rinse, according to the American Academy of General Dentistry. Fluoride treatments, applied directly onto teeth, are also available in any dentist's office.produit dentaire
 Steiner says he recommends children have their first checkup between one and two years of age with a pediatric dentist.
 Piercing is a hot fashion trend but you may not be smiling pretty for long if you get one in your mouth. A new study shows oral piercing -- such as on the tongue or lip -- may cause tooth loss. localisateur apex
 "Wearing oral piercing ornaments, even over relatively short periods, may result in significant deformities to gingival tissue (gums) that might not respond satisfactorily to surgery and, in fact, may lead to tooth loss," says lead researcher John K. Brooks, DDS, associate professor at the University of Maryland Dental School in a news release.joypex
 Teeth are remarkably strong, but they can chip, crack (fracture) or break. This can happen in several ways:
Biting down on something hard
Being hit in the face or mouth
Falling
Having cavities that weaken the tooth
Having large, old amalgam fillings that don't support the remaining enamel of the tooth
 A mouth guard is made of soft plastic or laminate material that protects the teeth, lips, cheeks and tongue. It is highly important that children or adults involved in sports wear a good mouth guard.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us