Orange The Broncos Top
Forums home -> General Discussion -> Orange The Broncos Top
Orange The Broncos Top
By aaaf456i79k on Oct 17, 2013 01:17 AM
When Peyton Manning signs with Denver, he will immediately Women's Ace Sanders Jersey became the most significant freeagent catch in Broncos history. Here are the 10 biggest personnel moves in Broncos history prior to landing Manning.
1. Trade: In 1983, the Broncos changed the course of the team's history when they sent guard Chris Hinton, quarterback Mark Herrmann and a firstround pick in the 1984 draft to the Colts for the rights to Stanford quarterback John Elway. The Colts eventually used that '84 pick on guard Ron Solt, who played nine seasons in the league, a nice career. But three nice careers do not add up to one alltime great and two Super Bowl titles.
2. Trade: In 1993, the Broncos acquired the only player team owner Pat Bowlen said he ever ordered his football people to get tackle Gary Zimmerman for first and sixthround picks in the '93 draft and a secondround pick in '94. Zimmerman is in the Hall of Fame and Broncos Ring of Fame.
3. Trade: In 2004, Broncos sent running back Clinton Portis to the Washington Redskins and acquired cornerback Champ Bailey and a secondround draft pick. The Broncos used the pick on running back Tatum Bell. Bailey will enter his ninth season with the Broncos in '12 and has been named to seven of his 11 career Pro Bowls as a Broncos defensive back.
4. Trade: In Authentic Ace Sanders Jersey 1995, the Broncos received a fourthround pick and a sixthround pick from the Vikings in exchange for a fourthrounder. The Vikings used the fourthround pick to select quarterback Chad May while the Broncos used their fourthround pick on tackle Jamie Brown, then used the sixthround pick on Georgia running back Terrell Davis.
5. Signing: In 2003, the Broncos put another name on the list of postElway quarterbacks when Mike Shanahan signed Jake Plummer to a sevenyear, $40 million deal. Plummer went 3913 as the team's starter with one appearance in the AFC championship game, but retired after the 2006 season after being benched in favor of Jay Cutler.
6. Trade: In 1977, Broncos acquired quarterback Craig Ace Sanders Jersey White Morton from the Giants for quarterback Steve Ramsey and a fifthround pick. Morton led the team to two division titles and one Super Bowl.
7. Signing: In 1996, with free agency in its toddler years, the Broncos dive in, signing two starters on their backtoback Super Bowl winners: linebacker Bill Romanowski and defensive end Alfred Williams.
8. Signing: In 1995, Shanahan's first year as Broncos coach, the Broncos begin their makeover www.nikejacksonvillejaguarsstore.com/Authentic-Ace-Sanders-Jersey with their biggest free agency class, a group that included wide receiver Ed McCaffrey, defensive tackle Mike Lodish, defensive tackle Michael Dean Perry and guard Mark Schlereth.
9. Trade: In 1972, the Broncos acquired Ring of Famer Haven Moses from Buffalo for wide receive Dwight Harrison. Moses started 127 games for the Broncos and had 302 of his 448 career receptions with Denver.
10. Trade: In the franchise's first trade in 1960 Broncos obtained defensive back Goose Gonsoulin, an eventual Ring of Fame selection, from Dallas for fullback Jack Spikes.