Login - Become a member

TEXTURING in LW3D TIPS 'N Hints

Forums home -> Lightwave 3D -> TEXTURING in LW3D TIPS 'N Hints

TEXTURING in LW3D TIPS 'N Hints 
By jeremyb on Oct 01, 2002 07:47 PM
Hey 3d Pro's

i was wondering what is the best way to texture in Lightwave and is it hard to lern please give me and some others your best tip how to get that perfect textured object

Thank you

JeremyB

Re: TEXTURING in LW3D TIPS 'N Hints 
By Scooby on Oct 08, 2002 12:39 PM
Well when ever possible, i like to use the more simple ways of texturing  i.e. Planar, Cubic, Cylindrical.
UV Mappin is cool and all but often time is becomes more of a pain for sympol objects. Now i don't mean to down play the power of them, because they rock for organic objects as well as things that just dont look right anyother way.
Just dont make it more complicated than you have to.

As far as the art involved in with the textureing .... Good luck try taking some 2d art and animation classes at your local School and see if it helps.
Re: TEXTURING in LW3D TIPS 'N Hints 
By showme on Dec 07, 2002 04:13 AM
;) okay, the most important thing to make your perfect textur is, know the geometry  of your object - so you can find the best projection-type for your texture (spherical, cylindrical, planar, or uv - for more complex or organical oblects).
to create a realistic texture, itīs not enough to create a color texture. in the most cases you also have to create a diffuse texture.
for reflecting objects, like water or metal, the camera angle is importent.
here are the gradiente textures very usefull (input parameter ->incidence angle).

For more detailed tips also have a look on following page http://www.lightwave3d.com/tutorials/index.html#ST

a tip for animation sequences:
be carefully with procedural textures.  if they are to small and detailed a flickering apears in your animation. if this happens, increase the size value from the procedural map or reduce the frequency value

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us