Login - Become a member

The Pretty Cool Ping Anser forged irons

Forums home -> Post 3D Art -> The Pretty Cool Ping Anser forged irons

The Pretty Cool Ping Anser forged irons 
By DanielBush on May 22, 2013 07:48 AM
The big talking point of the new Ping Anser Irons uk might be the brandís debut adjustable driver, but the second edition of PINGís first forged irons in many a year is causing quite a stir, too.

On first looks, the head is a lot cleaner than the old model and features an impressive stabilising bar which changes through the set. Aesthetically, the Anser isnít too dissimilar to last yearís Ping I20 Irons uk Ė and this goes for performance as well, albeit the Anser offers that forged feel for golfers who want it.

PING tells us the forgiveness of the Anser is a little less than the i20, while they are also a little less offset. As someone who has been playing the i20s since launch, I can certainly vouch for the forgiveness. For me, the i20 is slightly easier to hit and with a higher trajectory.

PING has already admitted it doesnít expect to sell a lot of these irons in the UK and they are aimed at the premium markets of Continental Europe and Asia. Understandably so as there isnít a lot of difference in the performance between the Anser and the Ping G20 irons uk Ė with the latter coming in at a fraction of the cost and offering more forgiveness.

I cannot fault the quality and performance, which are everything you expect from a PING iron. But I canít see a lot of people outside of the professional game putting these wholesale golf clubs in the bag.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us