Login - Become a member

ABC Radio National Australian

Forums home -> Resumes -> ABC Radio National Australian

ABC Radio National Australian  
By wanghuan on May 13, 2013 03:43 AM
ABC Radio National Australian Broadcasting Corporation

Why did Angelina Jolie's right leg became an internet sensation this week, upstaging everyone else at the Oscars? Within hours of the actress thrusting the leg through a waist high slit in her Atelier Versace gown as she posed for the cameras, the limb went viral as louboutin shoes uk an internet meme, photoshopped onto images of celebrities and famous works of art. What does the Angelina 'legbomb' say about the constantly evolving cross pollination of images online?And what does it say about public perceptions cheap christian louboutin shoes uk of this controversial celebrity?

And in the wake of revelations about Facebook's censorship guidelines towards online nudity, we ask whether a resurgent Puritanism is emerging in the public sphere. The debate around the new film 'Shame' in which Michael Fassbender plays a sex addict, reveals double standards are still operating around full frontal male nudity. And exactly what did Dominique StraussKahn's lawyer mean when he said his client couldn't louboutin sale uk tell the difference between a christian louboutin uk prostitute and a 'classy lady' at a naked sex party?

I think it is the height of the shoe (ie the heel above the toe) that is more deeply perplexing making them unwalkable (especially if you have small feet)Moderator: You're right, Jane, there are so many uglier examples of the platform wedge. And your point about the heel and toe height ratio is interesting. Even more perplexing for me is why anyone would give up that space under the arches, which can be glimpsed so sexily as a woman walks. It's provocative signalling we sense instinctively and that Christian Louboutin cleverly exploits with his trademark red soles.05 Mar 2012 5:31:05pm

I'm loving this new show too! On the topic of memes, Cassie was onto something very interesting that Liz Ann failed to grasp. The question isn't whether any of the individual legbombers are artists, but whether memes are an emerging art form. I do think in a few years' time, we'll be talking about internet memes the same way we louboutin uk sale talk about street art (and every other art form that the art establishment initially dismisses). At the moment they are mostly fatuous fads, but the instant, participatory nature of memes is a fascinating phenomenon. Much more interesting than a nude art gallery tour that's already been seen in two other Australian galleries.
[/b]

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us