Login - Become a member

new person to board, questions

Forums home -> Lightwave 3D -> new person to board, questions

new person to board, questions 
By Brooklynyte on Aug 13, 2002 09:04 AM
hi all, my name is Joe, I live in brooklyn new york and have been a fan of lightwave for a while, I'm using the lightwave demo and I bought the book "Inside Lightwave 7" and started using it, I stopped after i got stuck at one point but want to start again, my question is I really dont have much artistic talent as in drawing and sh*t but I have many ideas running around in my head, I dont really have much knowledge in 3d animating or modeling but I am a extremely fast learner, do you think I would be able to learn and survive using lightwave? I love it and want to learn how to use it to put my mentality onto a computer screen, but I cant draw for sh*t, can someone not know how to draw but yet still be able to be a good 3d modeller? Thanks for reading all my words and I hope to be a regular on the board . tia, Joe
Re: new person to board, questions 
By Captain_Fatso on Aug 13, 2002 11:53 AM
hey Joe,

I agree lightwave is bad ass.
It has a very steep learning curve but trust me it does get easier. If you are serious about it you can do it.
I've been an artist since I was born basically so drawing and painting ect. come easy for me but I don't like hearing people saying that they cant draw. I've been hearing that forever. anyone can draw but you have to want to. I didn't just pick up a pencil and just go to town. it took practice and allot of mistakes before I was comfortable with my drawing skills. hell I still get pissed cause I didn't draw something right.
keep it up Joe
here's a link to a site that helps me out allot.
www.flay.com there's lots of tutorials both for beginner and expert.
By Scooby on Aug 14, 2002 05:34 AM
If it makes you feel any better i have no "Traditional Art" skills but i feel that my modeling is pretty good ...  I dont have a website up yet to show it so you will have to take my word on it for now... where i see the "Traditional Skills" being REALLY useful is in your texturing. Excellent models can be easily shot down by lame texturing, but practice makes good, then better, then Woo Hoo, then hopefuly perfect. In the mean time find a buddie that has nothing better to do than paint or art type stuff and see if he can get the hang of photoshop and texturing in Lightwave and maybe he can show ya a trick or two tand get you on your way to Woo Hoo'edness.
By Brooklynyte on Aug 14, 2002 06:04 AM
thanks for your replies, it answered my question , thanks
Old days 
By Weston595 on Dec 21, 2005 06:04 PM
tia, Joe.

You know what we used to say back in the old days?... I will PM it in a sec.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us