Login - Become a member

Cardiff down Blackpool

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Cardiff down Blackpool

Cardiff down Blackpool 
By caiyanfang on Mar 18, 2013 06:16 AM
Cardiff moved a step closer to promotion to the Premier League after going 10 points clear at the top of the Championship with a 2-1 win over Blackpool on Saturday.

Malky Mackay's side are well on course to secure a lucrative place in the top-flight thanks to second half goals from South Korean midfielder Kim Bo-Kyung and Tommy Smith at Bloomfield Road.

The Foxes moved into the automatic promotion spots with a 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough on Friday and, although Hull took the lead in the 33rd minute via an own goal from Joe Newell, Peterborough grabbed a point courtesy of Grant McCann's penalty 11 minutes from time.

"You're always disappointed to be pegged back in the final few minutes of a match, but in all truth I don't think we deserved anything more than a point," Hull boss Steve Bruce said.

"We gave away a soft penalty which I have absolutely no complaints about, but I can't be too disappointed to be sat third in the league with only cheap air jordan shoes goal difference keeping us out of the automatic promotion places."

Dougie Freedman returned to frustrate his former club Crystal Palace as Bolton earned a 0-0 draw at Selhurst Park.

Freedman quit Palace to take charge of Bolton earlier this season and received a mixed reception air jordan shoes on his first return to south London, but his team held on to dent the fourth placed Eagles' promotion bid.

"I enjoyed the game, we had a plan and stuck to cheapairjordanusoutlet.com it and played some terrific football," Freedman said.

"I had some wonderful times here and they will never be taken away from me."

Gianfranco Zola's Watford cemented their place in the top six with a 4-0 rout of Huddersfield at Vicarage Road.

Troy Deeney opened the scoring from the penalty spot in first half stoppage-time and Matej Vydra struck in the 57th and 74th minutes before Cristian Battocchio sealed the victory four minutes from jordan shoes online time.

Blackburn's new manager Michael Appleton endured a miserable start as his struggling team crashed to a 2-1 home defeat against Charlton.

Appleton, who quit Blackpool after just two months to take over at Ewood Park, is Blackburn's third boss of a troubled season following the departures of Henning Berg and Steve Kean.

He has a big job in front of him on this evidence as a long-range strike from Dale Stephens opened the scoring for the Addicks in the Tarring prefers wearing high heels on formal occasions 26th minute and, although Jordan Rhodes levelled three minutes after half-time, Yann Kermorgant bagged the winner in the 64th minute.

"We huffed and puffed but I'm not sure how committed they were once we conceded the second goal, which was a disappointment," Appleton said.

Derby drew 1-1 with local rivals Nottingham Forest and Birmingham drew 2-2 against Brighton.

Sean O'Driscoll's appointment as Bristol City manager failed to produce an immediate upturn in their fortunes as Ross McCormack earned a 1-0 victory for Leeds at Elland Road.

Burnley cruised to a 2-0 victory at Millwall, Ipswich drew 1-1 with Barnsley, while Dean Saunders is still searching for his first win as Wolves manager following a 0-0 draw at Sheffield Wednesday.

attachment

click for full-size image (220 x 137)

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us