Login - Become a member

Lightwave Subpatch tool

Forums home -> Lightwave 3D -> Lightwave Subpatch tool

Lightwave Subpatch tool 
By Ian on Nov 22, 2001 07:37 AM
Just started using Lightwave 7 and have been using the SubPatch tool.  Cool tool.

Only thing is when I have lots of objects with subpatches on them the modeler has a tendency to bog down a fair bit.  Aside from buying a faster machine is there a way to make avoid serious slow downs and still be able to view lots of subpatched objects?
Re: Lightwave Subpatch tool 
By CAClark on Nov 22, 2001 01:16 PM
Two things to try is set the sub-patch level in Modeler\General Options to a lower level.... I think 4 is delault.

Also, you could set the perspective biewport (and any of the others) not to display the subpatch cage (not critical for perspective I find).

Cheers

Craig
Re: Lightwave Subpatch tool 
By Boksworld on Jan 24, 2002 06:22 AM
Well it's not that you necessarily need a faster machine. You could try getting more RAM (there's no such thing as too much RAM!!) and you could also upgrade your display card.
LightWave can be slowed down if your machine has a crap display card because the OpenGL can slow everything down if your card doesn't have enough memory.
Try and go for a card that has at elast 64Mb of memory on it, and is optimised for OpenGL display (I recomment 3D Labs cards)

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us