Login - Become a member

My Experience of playing the cheap Ping G20 Driver

Forums home -> General Discussion -> My Experience of playing the cheap Ping G20 Driver

My Experience of playing the cheap Ping G20 Driver 
By DanielBush on Dec 18, 2012 09:32 AM
If you want a club that launches high and flies straight then this ping g20 driver might be the ticket, I noticed immediately the ball seemed to jump off the face and really get up in the air.

My first round on the course I played at time when the course was mostly empty and I could play several balls a hole, I hit several really long drives (for me) and some that were about average for me, overall I was happy with the distance.

The shaft is a little busy looking, bright red and gray colors with the Ping logo watermarked in the paint scheme. The one thing you notice when looking at the sole is the large weight pad hanging off the back edge of the club, this is not noticeable at address and definitely adds to the high launch you receive from this club.

The cheap ping g20 driver is forgiving as expected, shots low on the face still get adequate carry and heel and toe hits still get decent distance and dispersion, quite frankly I haven’t played too many 460 cc drivers that aren’t forgiving and this one sure doesn’t disappoint.

The initial sound off the clubhead is a little tinny, not a loud clank like some of the square drivers or a few from Cobra that actually hurt my ears but definitely not muted. Solid hits feel…well solid and miss hits feel as expected…you know you mishit it but the distance is still good as with most modern clubs.

Overall, it is a really good looking club that comes with a nice looking headcover to boot. It had a different feel than PING G20 irons I have used recently, it took me a few swings to get used to the feel.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us