Login - Become a member

Bryce4 vs. Lightwave6

Forums home -> Lightwave 3D -> Bryce4 vs. Lightwave6

Bryce4 vs. Lightwave6 
By on Dec 14, 2000 07:23 PM
I've been using Bryce4 for long enough to know its limitations, especially in the area of organic modeling and lighting realism. Though I'm still only a beginner (I've used Bryce about an hour a day for 2 months or so), I picked up a copy of Lightwave6. All I've learned so far is that it's nothing like Bryce. Is there a program that's a little more "entry level" than Lightwave, or should I just keep telling myself that, if I want to do this right, it's not going to be easy?
Re: Bryce4 vs. Lightwave6 
By ambient-whisper on Dec 14, 2000 09:03 PM
heres what ive learned oveer the years..it doesnt get any easier...
even the most advanced user meets extreme challenges..
By JasonHendry on Dec 18, 2000 01:45 AM
But once you get used to a program you can work your way out of dificult situations. Sometimes with quite simple methods but it just how good you are at learning and teaching yourself.
By on Dec 23, 2000 06:28 PM
I hope it's challenging. The more things to figure out means more things to manipulate.  
By bigjesus on Dec 30, 2000 01:24 PM
Goodness I've Just gotten Light Wave 6.5 as a gift from a friend because Im a
max user I look at light wave and think ahh they have done nice things to the
ui. In reality they have changed the whole dang program the past couple days have
been rough being that when I owned a copy of 5.5 I didn't fully understand how
it worked now I do. So here is my comparison it's like adobe photo shop most the
gui is incorporated threw the mouse in the view port but you can change it hehe
I like that.
By Aeon on Apr 06, 2001 04:49 AM
bryce vs lightwave, well, i see it this way, i used to use bryce 2, and bryce 3, I thought that was difficult at first, it just takes time to get used to, my personal advice, try out studio max also, it comes down to personal preference, I tried out studio max, and didn't like it, it was too intricate, I like my ui to be easy access, I love lightwave and i'm making great stuff in it, it's worth trying to find a demo, beta version or even a cracked version of max, try out all kinds of different programs to see which one reflects the way you work, also try Animation Master, it's cheap and it's a little easier then the big boys. :)
By diaz on May 05, 2001 09:19 AM
I also started 3D from Bryce, and i found 3D Studio Max a very good "alternative", being a very good entry-level as well as proffesional level application. I am now working with lightwave 6.5, and don't be fooled by its so different interface, its pretty easy to learn once you understand the whole idea.
By rremzie on Jul 29, 2001 11:40 AM
I Think you can't compare Bryce 3D with Lightwave, I think they are both very different, I'm a newbie :) in 3d and used 3ds max and lightwave, and I like lightwave the most, nice ui, fast and easier than 3ds max (that's what i think) and I bought Inside Lightwave 6 and i'm getting better every day :)
By Boksworld on Jan 24, 2002 06:09 AM
Well, I don't want to offend anyone who likes Bryce but basically you can't compare the 2 programs for the main reason that Bryce is a very amateur program whereas LightWave is a professional program. I mean, you can ALWAYS spot a Bryce render - they just look fake and kitsch. There is no room in Bryce for customisation - you basically are limited to the programs drag-and-drop options, and therefore you don't really learn anything about real 3D - such as advanced inverse kinematics, subdivision surfaces & NURBS modelling, multi-layer texturing, radiosity, advanced lighting attributes etc etc etc. Bryce basically gives you instant results without any effort.
3D Studio MAX is a great program to begin going into the professional world with. It was the first 3D software I ever learned, and although I no longer use it, I still think it's an awesome piece of software. If you want to get into computer games - this is the software to use.
I LOVE LIGHTWAVE.
It's definately my favourite 3D software ever. It's not clumsy like Softimage, and it's got a far superior renderer to Maya (although Maya is fabulous too).

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us