Login - Become a member

Always keep an eye on Titleist Irons

Forums home -> General Discussion -> Always keep an eye on Titleist Irons

Always keep an eye on Titleist Irons  
By lily123 on Oct 27, 2012 02:44 AM
Titleist is undeniably one of the leaders in irons for better players. Since going to an all-forged irons lineup a couple years ago, the company introduced several blade, muscle-back, and cavity-forged irons that have devoted followers. But the better-player irons market is relatively small, and the big money is in the bigger game-improvement titleist ap1 712. I had the chance to try a set to see how these new irons stack up against other irons for higher handicappers.

Thin Face Design creates a larger volume cavity and allows weight to be repositioned lower, to the perimeter for increased forgiveness and playability. Seeing Titleist irons in my golf bag gives me a warm feeling, even if it's the glow of nostalgia. After playing tiny forged blades while learning the game, my first cavity back irons were a great set of Titleist DCI Golds that I played for several years. Those cast stainless steel irons were plenty forgiving, but still had a crisp design that said "I'm a serious golfer." I like Titleist MB 712 Irons they are so perfect in my golf games. After the follow up to the DCI Black (less offset) and Gold irons, the DCI Oversize, Titleist ceded the high-handicapper iron market to sister brand Cobra.

I've played several different sets of irons since then, but I always keep an eye on Titleist 712 CB Irons to see if they might bring out a mid-handicapper iron that takes up where the DCI Golds left off - a design that has some forgiveness built in, but also enables a player of more modest skill to still do a little shot-making. While the 6-iron through the 50 gap wedge are one-piece forged cavity backs, the 3-, 4- and 5-irons are all oversized multi-material designs.

More Titleist Irons pls from wholesale golf clubs.

http://www.berezne.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=251839
http://want3d.4i.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=35065

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us