Login - Become a member

Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver Has Potential

Forums home -> Post 3D Art -> Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver Has Potential

Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver Has Potential 
By delia on Sep 27, 2012 08:23 AM
To be honest, I like this TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver. If it had a length of 45 inches and traditional swing weight, I'd raise the rating.

Look at the shape - a soft triangle for stability, the white is easy to align, the large face offers confidence. Yes, it has some decals at the edges that are not needed, but when you swing, you don't see it. You see white.

In my rounds with a HT and 10.5 -- when I took my time and just swung through the ball (not "kill") and relaxed, I had wonderful results. Straight with a tiny draw. You knew when you hit it near the center, and you knew when you had poor contact - feedback is good.

Burner 2.0 Hybrid is built for speed: had the stock Matrix XCon 4.8 shaft (high launch), which weighs 45 grams in regular flex. Club weighs in at about 290 grams, while the RazrX was about 310, and the HyperX Tour about 324 grams. I didn't really notice the TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons swingweight with lighter overall club. Superfast was easy to square up and get used to, and worked best with an extra slow backswing.

Ideally, a reshaft and refitting at 45 inches. If you want to shorten the length, bringing it down to 45-45.5 inches will stiffen the shaft and bring the swing weight down to more traditional levels (D4 or so). But you should see a club fitter to watch the effect on flex. I don't think .5 inches will hurt - but if you're going for more than that, talk with a decent fitter who knows how to measure CPM's before and after, and give you an estimate on what cutting down length will do for you.

Overall, this wholesale golf--Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver is a great effort by TM with the clubhead. The Superfast went almost as far as the two Callaways, but tended to take off like a 5 iron.

More information in http://www.ukgolftown.com/

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us