Login - Become a member

My Experience with RocketBallz driver

Forums home -> General Discussion -> My Experience with RocketBallz driver

My Experience with RocketBallz driver 
By delia on Sep 26, 2012 09:02 AM
Do you remember the old saying, You can’t judge a book by its cover? Well, it applies to my experience with the new TaylorMade RocketBallz driver.

My first experience of the RocketBallz driver was at the 2012 PGA Merchandise Show earlier this year. Even though my personal disdain for the name was strong, I decided I would at least try it at Demo Day so the people who were tuning in for our live blog would be able to virtually experience the latest and the greatest from TaylorMade.

I didn’t get a chance to hit it because the line was too long, but I did get to hold one in my hand and I remember thinking “I don’t hate the way it looks”. I quickly reminded myself of my personal boycott and put the RocketBallz driver down and proceeded to the next tent. Despite my dislike of the name, RocketBallz was the talk of the PGA Show.

The first thing I noticed about the RocketBallz driver was its length. And I’m not talking about distance. I’m talking about the length of the stock shaft. The stock shaft of the Driver RBZ is 46” long. To add distance to drivers, companies like TaylorMade are increasing the length of the shaft, which if controlled will certainly add extra yards.

However, the possibility of extra distance off of the tee comes at a pretty hefty cost - control. Most amateur golfers already struggle with controlling their driver so I’m not sure adding extra inches to one’s driver is a good idea. My point about the length of the RocketBallz shaft is less of a criticism and more of an observation. Golfers come in all shapes and sizes. What works for one golfer may or may not work for another.

I really liked the way the driver g20 felt at impact. I know it plays right into the name of the club, but the ball really does feel like it jumps off of the face. The RocketBallz driver does not have the Speed Pocket like the RocketBallz fairway to create the full ‘trampoline’ effect, but I could definitely tell that the face was hotter than previous TaylorMade drivers.

In summary, the RocketBallz driver, like the TaylorMade Driver R11, the Burner Superfast and the new TaylorMade R11s Driver, is white. The RocketBallz driver is available in 9.5*, 10.5* and HL (12.5*) lofts and the shaft options include senior, regular, stiff and x-stiff flexes. You can pick up your own RocketBallz driver.

More information in http://www.cheapgolffr.com/

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us