Login - Become a member

Tips from the pros / The putting touch

Forums home -> News -> Tips from the pros / The putting touch

By ceming913 on Aug 17, 2012 02:36 AM
There are three three key aspects to being a good putter.They are as follows: 1. Stroke motion, 2. Line Ping K15 Driver and 3. Speed.Many golfers don't know the order of importance of the three aspects. It is by far speed! You will never miss a put left or right as much
as you will long or short. The real key to turning three-putts into two and two-putts into one is having a great "touch" or a feel for speed control.This "touch" is best developed by practice and drills. My favorite drill is putting to Ping G10 Irons the fringe. I take a pile of balls and drop them down inone spot on the green. I then put around the perimeter of the green trying to make the ball stop in the fringe. If it stays on the green I hit the ball too light and if it goes into the rough I hit it too hard.I don't come in until I have putted all the way around the green without missing the fringe. It has Callaway RAZR X Tour Irons made for some late nights stuck on the green but I have become a better putter because of it.

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us