Login - Become a member

hair and fur WSM

Forums home -> 3D Studio MAX -> hair and fur WSM

hair and fur WSM 
By FlakJacketPotato on Feb 25, 2012 01:48 PM
i wonder if anyone can help me? i've been trying to use the max hair and fur modifier in my pictures, but it's a little eratic to say the least - on rare occasions it works fine, but is prone to sporadically not rendering the hair/fur, by which i mean it simply skips that part of the render sequence. i then have images with all the hair shadows in place, but no hair. first i thought i had the lighting wrong, and by chance i got results when i learned i needed at least one spotlight and put one in my scene accordingly. but now that has stopped working too. i've tried tweaking every parameter, removing all hair modifiers and starting from scratch, pasting in hair instances from other scenes which have worked previously, and all this will sometimes work, sometimes just days of banging my head against it. if i start a new scene, drag a sphere, put default hair on, render - even this will sometimes work, sometimes not. the best i can get consistently is rendering the hair as geometry - if it is reasonably simple, but this sometimes crashes mental ray. occaisionally rendering as geom. causes the scene to recognise the hair and go back to rendering normally, but not often enough for this to be a solution. i'm using max 9.... any ideas?

Page 1 of 1 Go to page: 1
Subscribe to RSS
Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 1996-2010 Raphael Benedet - Contact Us